How did the Family handle STD's?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » How did the Family handle STD's?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:56 am
How did the Family handle STD's?
When it came to STD's. Did the family use conventional drugs. Since there is no cure for herpes and it has bene reported that it was common among adult family members, was that std widespead even among the youth? It must be hard to create new relationships outside the Family. Did david ber die from an STD.

evanman

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 02:07 pm
When I came down with syphilis I was treated with penecillin.

Someone who came down with Gonoroea was also treated with penecillin.

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:52 pm
To my knowledge, they try to take drugs (if the home has the $$$) to keep the symptoms away, just like other people.

Other people "trust the lord" and try not to "share" when they're having an outbreak.

Yet others don't tell anyone (I'm sure, because so many people have'em. But especially the FGA's) Mad

But I think they should quit sharing outside of their marriage (besides the young singles, who should be entitled to sex with other singles -- if they want that).

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:31 pm
I heard a funny story from the TSC days when i was a kid. Some dude had joined, and a little while later discovered he had crabs. So he asked Aaron what to do. Aaron told him to douse himself in kerosene, which he did, but they had no water at the time to shower (they had 3 small scoops of cold water, and that was it per person, per day.) so after, he had to run to get into the song and dance that they were doing around some kind of trio or so of musicians. anyway, they were gypsy dancing and then one of the leaders started sniffing, and made them all stop dancing. he started sniffing around and asked the guys to help him find where that gas leak was that he could smell. so anyway, to make a longer story short, they came to him, and it was him. he was so embarassed he left the family that night.

I guess he got rid of the crabs?

winter 1

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:00 am
Cookie wrote:

But I think they should quit sharing outside of their marriage (besides the young singles, who should be entitled to sex with other singles -- if they want that).

AFAIK, if they' call themselves Christians, they shouldn't do that either.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 10:03 am
winter wrote:
AFAIK, if they' call themselves Christians, they shouldn't do that either.

They believe that according to the NT, they are no longer any law except love, and thus "sharing" is permitted.

Colonel

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 07:38 pm
evanman wrote:
When I came down with syphilis I was treated with penecillin.

i recall the testimony of more than one person who claimed to have syphilis and who joined because they had been prayed over and "healed" of their affliction (this was before the sex sharing thing, at least among the rank and file). i'm sure what actually happened was that the symptoms had abated while the disease continued to progress. This was at a time when medication use in COG was rare or non-existent.

i often wonder what had become of them later.

evanman

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 03:52 pm
Those of us who became infected and were treated succesfully by medical practitioners have been free ever since (if we ceased from fornicating). My sons were all checked for std's when they were born, mercifully they are all clean.

However it prevents myself and my wife from being blood donors and/or organ donors.

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 04:51 pm
evanman wrote:
However it prevents myself and my wife from being ... organ donors.

I would think you'd be happy about that. Razz heh. just playing.

evanman

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 03:08 pm
Well I suppose if I ever joined Dave Mackay's CoG/TF breakaway cult I would have a good excuse to keep hold of my kidneys.

http://www.jonronson.com/jesus.html

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 07:14 pm
heh! that's funny! Laughing

Anonymous

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 01:47 pm
i remember, back when i lived in Thailand that there was a special bathroom outside the home that only adults with herpes could use. Of course i'd always get that for my JJT job. Sigh.

tyciol 2

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 09:42 am
Kerosine killing crabs would be news to me... though I guess if it were toxic or something.

I think a lot of religious people just ignore disease, thinking it's a test from god to make themselves and those they share it with stronger people.

JASONLANIK

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:51 pm
Re: How did the Family handle STD's?
STD wrote:
When it came to STD's. Did the family use conventional drugs. Since there is no cure for herpes and it has bene reported that it was common among adult family members, was that std widespead even among the youth? It must be hard to create new relationships outside the Family. Did david ber die from an STD.

I remember there was 2 kinds of soap in the bathrooms. One was in a dish marked with an "H" and that indicated herpies and was to be used by thoes infected with herpies. The other soap dish was unmarked and was for thoes who did not have herpies.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » How did the Family handle STD's?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:53:52