2. » General
  3. » Leaders & Followers

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

max 1

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 04:37 pm
Leaders & Followers
I think that the Reverend Mo was right when he was discussing leadership: -
In a Mo letter which I think is called Leaders he said and I quote:-

“A general has to be far enough away from the battlefront to see the overall plan, and not get so involved with one little battle, that he can't analyze the whole war! The generals have to stay in their war room a great deal of the time and study the maps, in order to synchronize the whole plan and all their efforts. Of course, you have to have good leaders in the field, but somebody's got to be at the top somewhere to keep everybody working together. He must be equidistant from all of them, to put them all in their proper position!â€

Colonel

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:15 pm
Nothing wrong there with what he wrote, although he didn't originate the concept. i think he was giving us an excuse at the time for his laying low from the authorities, but then again, it works both ways, a good business ploy.

Good luck with the "senior member" of TFI stuff - what are they doing, giving you some battlefield brevet commission? Well, anyway, good luck with the business of TFI, and good luck with those attacking, hostile apostates. They can be a bit of a sticky wicket.

max 1

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 03:29 am
Colonel wrote:
Nothing wrong there with what he wrote, although he didn't originate the concept. i think he was giving us an excuse at the time for his laying low from the authorities, but then again, it works both ways, a good business ploy.

Good luck with the "senior member" of TFI stuff - what are they doing, giving you some battlefield brevet commission? Well, anyway, good luck with the business of TFI, and good luck with those attacking, hostile apostates. They can be a bit of a sticky wicket.

Thank you Colonel.
At last someone who speaks with common sense and understanding!
You are indeed a colonel and I suspect someone with leadership qualities.
As usual the vocal minority of this forum keep quiet when they see something that they know is true.

Best Wishes

Max

Acheick

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 10:00 am
Colonel wrote:

"sticky wicket??" Brwaaahhaahaha

max 1

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:45 pm
leaders & followers
Acheick wrote:
Colonel wrote:

"sticky wicket??" Brwaaahhaahaha

It refers to the game of Cricket, a game that is played by gentleman.
It is obviously a game that you know nothing about.
Perhaps it is beyond your understanding, stick to violent sports such as Ice Hockey & American Football.
The players of these violent sports have never heard of the word gentleman.
Regards
Max

evanman

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:16 pm
A game for gentlemen?

I recall the infamous "Bodyline" series against the Ozzies.

Then there's the Hansie Cronje debacle.

Then there's the infamous ball tampering that still goes on.

Shane Warne's dalliancies, the list goes on of Cricket's most ungentlemanly conduct!

max 1

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 04:09 pm
evanman wrote:
A game for gentlemen?

I recall the infamous "Bodyline" series against the Ozzies.

Then there's the Hansie Cronje debacle.

Then there's the infamous ball tampering that still goes on.

Shane Warne's dalliancies, the list goes on of Cricket's most ungentlemanly conduct!

One of the worst things you can do is pick on every little fault, always belittling, nagging, henpecking!
They are words that you may be familiar with, if you still remember your studies from when you were a member of TFI and enlightened.
You have to look at the whole picture and not fragments.
I can nit pick but I choose not to it is belittiling.
God Bless & Sleep Well

Max

evanman

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:35 pm
Yes, i can rember Berg's paunchent for picking "on every little fault, always belittling, nagging, henpecking!
They are words that you may be familiar with, if you still remember your studies from when you were a member of TFI and enlightened. "

It was truly gracious and loving of him to call his wife and the mother of his children an adulteress, after he had decided he'd had enough of her and shacked up with Zerby, wasn't it?

Especially after all his bragging about his many adulterous affairs during their life together.

Quote:
1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Quote:
Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 05:19 pm
evanman wrote:
Yes, i can rember Berg's paunchent for picking "on every little fault, always belittling, nagging, henpecking!
They are words that you may be familiar with, if you still remember your studies from when you were a member of TFI and enlightened. "

It was truly gracious and loving of him to call his wife and the mother of his children an adulteress, after he had decided he'd had enough of her and shacked up with Zerby, wasn't it?

Especially after all his bragging about his many adulterous affairs during their life together.

Quote:
1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Quote:
Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Been a heavy night and I have a long day tommorow so not much I can say but perhaps my piece as follows with respect to leaders which was/ is the subject of this thread . The Nasdaq was closed today I forgot it was labour day not that the vocal minority would know much about labour and hard work.
Thanks for the cricket info very good I thought but nit picking in parts.
I bet you tampered with balls in your time!

Best regards
Max

The Soprano’s

I recently watched an episode of the T.V. series “The Soprano’sâ€

evanman

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:51 am
Max Wrote
Quote:
Off to a strip joint later to chill out and have a few beers, after what has been a hard day in the real World.

Best Wishes To All and It’s About Making A Difference.

Yes, making a difference by perpetuating the lusts of the flesh and the degradation of women!

Very true to the spirit of ol' Berg!

Acheick

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:04 am
evanman wrote:
Max Wrote
Quote:
Off to a strip joint later to chill out and have a few beers, after what has been a hard day in the real World.

Best Wishes To All and It’s About Making A Difference.

Yes, making a difference by perpetuating the lusts of the flesh and the degradation of women!

Very true to the spirit of ol' Berg!

I think Max is off his meds - Rolling Eyes I don't see how anyone can take him seriously.

evanman

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:50 am
Personally, I wonder if he takes himself seriously either, or is he just a wind-up merchant?

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 12:50 pm
evanman wrote:
Personally, I wonder if he takes himself seriously either, or is he just a wind-up merchant?

I think he does. But he seems to have difficulty escaping his polarized views and not jumping into conclusions on matters he is uninformed in (e.g. He's convinced I work at some low-paying job and need a girlfriend Smile ).

Other than that, I'm sure he's just a regular guy with flaws like the rest of us.

I should add, however, that he'll probably get himself banned if he keeps making ad hominem attacks at other users.

Acheick

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 10:15 pm
WalkerJ wrote:
evanman wrote:

I think he does. But he seems to have difficulty escaping his polarized views and not jumping into conclusions on matters he is uninformed in (e.g. He's convinced I work at some low-paying job and need a girlfriend Smile ).

Other than that, I'm sure he's just a regular guy with flaws like the rest of us.

I should add, however, that he'll probably get himself banned if he keeps making ad hominem attacks at other users.

I think he's lonely and maybe a tad bit narcistic. He just can't get enough attention. That's my take on it. I do beg to differ with you, I don't think he's quite normal, sorry. Especially when he went off talking about needing to look at men's butts or something silly and totally off the wall.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:31 am
evanman wrote:

I think he's a garden variety troll

WalkerJ 1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:18 am
Acheick wrote:
I do beg to differ with you, I don't think he's quite normal, sorry. Especially when he went off talking about needing to look at men's butts or something silly and totally off the wall.

I may very well end up regretting what I said about him being a regular guy, but I always prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt--especially if I've never met them.

Acheick

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:34 am
WalkerJ wrote:
Acheick wrote:
I do beg to differ with you, I don't think he's quite normal, sorry. Especially when he went off talking about needing to look at men's butts or something silly and totally off the wall.

I may very well end up regretting what I said about him being a regular guy, but I always prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt--especially if I've never met them.

You are a good person, WJ, you take each person as they are and give them a whole lot of chances. I admire you.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:16 pm
Leaders & Followers
You know Don Quixote was a leader.
A couple of weeks ago I watched the movie "The Adventures of Don Quixote". There is a part where I was really taken by the reaction of his followers to his return to sanity on his deathbed.
A young girl asks him "But how could you have been mad when you were so beautiful, so good and so poetic?"--To which he replies, "I suppose wise madness is better than foolish sanity"
You see the answer lies within and my truth is not your truth.
Anyone listened to Jeremy Spencer’s new album yet?
It’s called “Precious Little “.
I’m still waiting for my copy.
Man when he and Peter Green were in Fleetwood Mac that was some band.
Peter went mad for a while, someone allegedly spiked his drinks.
Black Magic Woman, Albatross the list is as long and as plentiful and varied as the Mo letters!
I went to see them a few years back in Boston, they are still awesome and Lindsey Buckingham can sure play the guitar and is cute looking.
Nice bottom there I go again.
He’s a happily married man these days but I still think he has a thing for Stevie Nicks, they were lovers you know.
I have a pair of underpants that were allegedly signed by Stevie Nicks although I doubt their authenticity, you cannot always believe in what you see.
Mind you I reckon if I put them on E Bay someone would buy them.
I did!
In the immortal words of W.C.Fields “It is morally wrong to give a sucker an even breakâ€

evanman

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Yawn!

max 1

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:22 am
Leaders & News Of TFI Volunteer Work
As a leader in the World of commerce I find it important to maintain my “joie de vivreâ€

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Leaders & Followers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:33:29