Full Family Movie List

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Full Family Movie List

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:26 pm
Full Family Movie List
Here's the entire Family approved & unrecommended movie list, as of a few weeks ago (1.51MB html file):

http://media.xfamily.org/docs/fam/misc/movie_list.html

The ratings range from ALL (only about 30 movies) to YC, MC, OC, JETT, JR (junior teens), SR (senior teens), YA (18+), NIX ("unrecommended", you can get in big trouble for watching these movies), and OTHER (which means they don't really want to recommend it for anyone, but they're not going to ban you outright from watching it, and generally a home teamwork gets a prophecy of approval before these get watched by home members).

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:45 pm
This stuff is hysterical!! I had no idea that their Jesus was so hip and cool.

Monger 1

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:02 pm
One thing I thought was pretty funny was that there's another version of this all-in-one-file list without the actors' names (to make it smaller, I guess), but there's not one without the prophecies.

---
Here's the openning line to a long prophecy about Matrix Revolutions:
Quote:
"(Jesus:) If this movie were to stand on its own, it might not be worthwhile, as in itself it doesn't have outstanding qualities that would make it stand out from other action movies. However, it's the finale of a longer story, the final piece in the puzzle, and therefore I give consent for those who wish to, to see it."

How nice of him. Rolling Eyes

Jack 2

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 10:24 pm
Jesus should write for dtheatre.com. He's a pretty decent critic.

BlackELk

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:16 am
Prophetic movie reviews are a hoot! It's comforting to know that a 1st century rabbi has found his niche in the 21st century as a movie critic. I wonder if the folks doing movie reviews for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops would be interested in using a similar format now that the Panzer Pontiff is in charge?

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:22 am
I am interested to learn if these "prophets" receive their prophecies before or after viewing the movies?

Monger 1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 12:21 pm
Thorwald wrote:
I am interested to learn if these "prophets" receive their prophecies before or after viewing the movies?

I believe this was answered in a Grapevine once..... take a wild guess what the answer was...

(Psst, it's "After")

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 12:31 pm
Wait, TFI actually published (internally) that they receive all these movie-prophecies after they have watched the movie?! LOL! What a joke!

"There are none so blind as those who will not see!" I love using sacred wisdom on them! LOL!

Monger 1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:20 pm
Thorwald wrote:
Wait, TFI actually published (internally) that they receive all these movie-prophecies after they have watched the movie?! LOL! What a joke!

yeah, I know... Rolling Eyes Btw, it wasn't anything like "Q: Before of after? A: After.", but rather they explained the process the WS movie previewing team went through, with the prophesying coming after watching the flick, but before the voting for age rating (though I think they may have later switched to receiving the rating by prophecy, too).

Thorwald 1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:43 pm
Okay. We absolutely must write an article on this process. We must emphasise that they receive these prophecies after they have watched the film in question. Let the general public get as much a kick out of it as I have.

By the way, we need a few more categories. Or, we might need to expand the others. For an example, the "Statistics" article doesn't fall neatly into any current Category. This new article on Films might fit under "Practices".

Also, is anyone else a little creeped out over how many "spirits" they pray to these days? I mean, can they even call themselves Christian anymore? I should think them more of Pagans or Pan-Theists. Oh, well! This stuff makes me so glad that I am out!

Monger 1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:51 pm
Thorwald wrote:
Also, is anyone else a little creeped out over how many "spirits" they pray to these days?

No shit... However, to be fair, while many Family members take this stuff very seriously, even many of them would likely be surprised at how many names are on our Spirit World page as of recently (which, good god, is still by no means complete).

Jack 2

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:57 pm
Fückin'-A. Even my Bible thumpin', legendardy teen sheperd of a step-dad dealy thing had to leave TF when they made him pray to Aphrodite.

Monger 1

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 04:26 pm
I haven't found (or looked very much for) the stuff I mentioned earlier, but see the two confirmations that the prophecies are received after viewing, below:

From Grapevine 50:
Quote:
In recent months, as the Lord, through Mama and Peter, has been teaching us more about hearing from Him step by step, our WS movie previewing teams have begun asking the Lord or Dad for a confirmation (emphasis mine) on every movie we rate in the Grapevine. As you've noticed, we often publish excerpts of these prophecies along with the movie ratings.

From the members-only site's movie section (again, emphasis mine):
Quote:
Movie Rating Disclaimer
By the W.S. Previewing Department

Rating movies is an extremely subjective issue. Obviously, what appeals to some people will not appeal to others. We who rate the movies that appear in the Grapevine often feel we are in a no-win situation, as we know that we are not going to be able to please everyone and perhaps sometimes we will please no one. In fact, several times we have thought to discontinue publishing these lists. The reason we haven't is because of reports and comments from the field that they are appreciated and have been helpful.

To avoid some problems, we now only rate movies as "watchable," if a 3/4 majority of the preview team vote to do so, and the Lord confirms in prophecy that it’s OK to do so, and we stay clear of going as far as "recommending" movies. In contrast to this, if a 3/4 majority of those that preview a movie agree that it is bad, we have no qualms in listing it as "not recommendedâ€

Monger 1

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 05:58 pm
Absent any objections, I'll move this to the public forums later.

Thorwald 1

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 06:39 am
Yeah. Let's move it. We should still make an article on these "Move Prophecies" . . . if we haven't already.

Monger 1

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 07:29 pm
Thorwald wrote:
We should still make an article on these "Move Prophecies" . . . if we haven't already.

There are already a couple pages linking to an as yet nonexistant "Family movie ratings" article: http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Special:Whatlinkshere/:Family_movie_ratings

Putting together a quick and dirty stub article using the posting from the members only site, a link to the ratings list, and a couple paragraphs should be fairly straightforward, if anyone's up for it.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:03 am
Little Rascals
I guess I don't "get" the rating system. Maybe someone can explain how The Little Rascals movie got the "NIX" rating.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:10 am
Re: Little Rascals
presently anonymous wrote:
I guess I don't "get" the rating system. Maybe someone can explain how The Little Rascals movie got the "NIX" rating.

Oh and on the flip side of that, how did Lolita get the "NIX" rating?

Indian Joe 1

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:35 am
Re: Little Rascals
Quote:
Oh and on the flip side of that, how did Lolita get the "NIX" rating?

Probably because the ephebophile ends up dying in prison.

lanpingpug

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:24 am
Hello
I wonder why they can watch American History X but All Dogs Go To Heaven is out?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Full Family Movie List
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:59:25