help me...

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » help me...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:53 pm
help me...
hi everyone... i'm new here in the site... just want to know what are the requirements needed in taking the nclex... i am a permanent resident here in the US but i took my BSN degree in the Philippines and never had the chance to take the local exam there.. but i wanted to take the NCLEX yet i don't what are the requirements and where do i apply for... if anyone knows how's the process in doing so, please help me... this will be a great help for me... you can email me to this add: [email protected]...
Thank you so much and hope to hear from you all... God bless... Smile

brent 1

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 01:29 am
Re: help me...NO PROBLEM
katie086 wrote:
hi everyone... i'm new here in the site... just want to know what are the requirements needed in taking the nclex... i am a permanent resident here in the US but i took my BSN degree in the Philippines and never had the chance to take the local exam there.. but i wanted to take the NCLEX yet i don't what are the requirements and where do i apply for... if anyone knows how's the process in doing so, please help me... this will be a great help for me... you can email me to this add: [email protected]...

KATIE:

This is one of those male nurses..I will be taking the NCLEX in about 4 months, so I understand the anxiety. Since you look very computer literate, let me just say that if you google NCLEX, you will find what you need. I am comfortable with Kaplin who publishes a study guide for the NCLEX for that year/exam period. It costs about $300.00, but if your school doesn't supplement your study, this is a great self study (as most of us seniors know by now...nursing is a lot of self study anyhow.

I have a very good friend who is going into nurse practitioner...Marfe'. She is also from the Phillipines. She is so fun and a great student. I really admire her faith and her dedication (and sense of humor). Good luck and God bless you too.

patch (nickname at school)

kateyes7

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 12:39 am
You can look up the board of nursing of the state you will be taking the boards in and they should be able to provide you with the information you need on the nclex. As for studying, I took a Kaplan review coarse. Worth every penny. Don't know anyone that hasn't passed taking this coarse. I am sure that pharmacology will be a subject that you will need to focus on since we use different medication names here. Good luck!

Babysittah

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 01:21 am
kateyes7 wrote:
You can look up the board of nursing of the state you will be taking the boards in and they should be able to provide you with the information you need on the nclex. As for studying, I took a Kaplan review coarse. Worth every penny. Don't know anyone that hasn't passed taking this coarse. I am sure that pharmacology will be a subject that you will need to focus on since we use different medication names here. Good luck!

Absolutely agree with kateyes7, that course will come in handy for sure!

katie086

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 08:47 pm
Re: help me...NO PROBLEM
brent wrote:
katie086 wrote:

KATIE:

This is one of those male nurses..I will be taking the NCLEX in about 4 months, so I understand the anxiety. Since you look very computer literate, let me just say that if you google NCLEX, you will find what you need. I am comfortable with Kaplin who publishes a study guide for the NCLEX for that year/exam period. It costs about $300.00, but if your school doesn't supplement your study, this is a great self study (as most of us seniors know by now...nursing is a lot of self study anyhow.

I have a very good friend who is going into nurse practitioner...Marfe'. She is also from the Phillipines. She is so fun and a great student. I really admire her faith and her dedication (and sense of humor). Good luck and God bless you too.

patch (nickname at school)

hi...thanks for the advise... i have a classmate back in college too who's name is Marfe also... who knows, we're talking about the same person? anyway, do you think online review classes also helps?

katie086

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 08:51 pm
kateyes7 wrote:

really? i should try that one then... i bet its really hard that subject coz it is really different.. anyway,do you think going for online review classes is helpful? i wonder if i should try that one too aside from self review coz honestly, i am not that confident yet since taking the NCLEX will be my first ever board exam that i will go through in my life... thanks for your help...God bless...

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » help me...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 03:10:39