1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » UCLA vs HUP/UPenn advice

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

sfmaniq

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:01 am
UCLA vs HUP/UPenn advice
Hi,

I am a new graduate nurse and have received job offers from both UCLA in Los Angeles and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvannia in Philadelphia in their cardiothoracic ICUs. Both are great opportunities and hospitals that I'd love to work at! And makes this one hard choice. I also have plans to get a master's degree, so I would probably attend the graduate school affilitated with the hospital.

UCLA would be a great place to live for a short time as a young adult, it is a great facility and practically the best hospital in the west. I worked there this past summer as an extern and am familiar with the staff and area. HUP would be closer to home since i'm from the east coast and UPenn is also a renowned hospital with a great grad school. I loved the unit when I went to go visit and the staff were very welcoming. It's tough!

Does anybody have any input on whether one choice may be better than the other? Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated

Thank you =)

rasmithline

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:46 pm
UCLA vs HUP
I cant speak for UCLA but I have been a patient in the U Penn ICU and CCU recovering from various Cardiac procedures. The nurses there are wonderful not to mention the doctors and when I graduate from Nursing school I hope I am offered the opportunity to work at University of Pennsylvania.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » UCLA vs HUP/UPenn advice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:56:30