assessment

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » assessment

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

RacBot

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:28 am
assessment
Is there any good tips anyone has for a quick assessment techniques and tricks. Any good literature that anybody can suggest

alchemi

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 08:40 pm
here is my tips
when it comes to nuero, i talk to the person. it requires all the facial muscles to move your face and look around. if something seems off hone in.

i go from head to toe (you stay organized and easier to be thorough), usually listening to my lungs heart abdomen etc.

then have them squeeze my hands (i say like they are mad at me) to test strength and pulses

if they have an IV i usually ask now if that is going ok or any pain

check out their legs, pulses

then finish up with looking at bottom for redness

i don't ask LOC x 3 unless there is a reason to instead talk with your patient throughout ask them questions and listen to them. you will notice if there is something off or if you should inquire further. i also ask about pain and how their spirits feel. the more you talk during your assessment the more you might learn or pick up on something that you might not have noticed during your assessment to focus in on.

I also suggest making yourself an SBAR sheet with the systems it keeps you organized

good luck Smile

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » assessment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 07:28:23