Image of Nursing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Image of Nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

jules23

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 10:50 am
Image of Nursing
I just watched the segment on Nursetv.com about the AMSN conference. They discussed the image of nursing and how it's changed over the years. The video also analyzed how different tv shows portray nurses. I thought it was so interesting. A lot of my friends who aren't nurses think I'm overreacting when I get mad at tv shows (especially grey's anatomy) for showing nurses as practically insignificant in the ER. Has anyone else watched it? I'd love to hear what other people thought.

joeRN

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 10:58 am
I check NTV every day to see what new show is up. I've been following the different segments about the AMSN Conference. I hope a lot of people are watching it because it's not catered specifically to med surg nurses at all. It so interesting and useful for me. Especially the part on the image of nursing.

I completely agree that the image of the nursing profession has been jaded on TV programs. We just don't get any credit anymore. I'm not sure if it's worth getting angry though because pop culture is what it is and changes every day...but it just hurts a little to not be well represented. And I'm a male nurse...so I'm even less represented.

ang99

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 01:45 am
Re:TV Shows not giving nurses credit Pros/Cons
I do agree that on tv shows nurses really don't get a whole lot of credit. I just caulk that up to show biz. I am a big Gray's Anatomy fan. They really do try to use off the wall, but yet real medical scenarios and I can't say that for a lot of other tv shows. I enjoy watching shows that actually allow you a glimpse into things I may never actually see as a nurse. Laughing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Image of Nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:40:34