camera's in nursing homes

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » camera's in nursing homes

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Honey 1

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:24 pm
camera's in nursing homes
Some nursing homes are starting to install survelience cameras and I think this is ridiculous. I understand this would keep employees from being abusive or unkind but I believe this will just increase the strain on the lack of nurses as many will see this as an invasion of their privacy. At the same time I do feel for the patients, since there seems to be a very high percentage who suffer from abuse. It's very sad as this profession is centered around compassion for people.

1abCRNA

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:51 pm
BACKFIRE!!
Although I have met a few individuals in my career that made me question why they were in the nursing profession, most nurses do care about what they do. However, this can backfire on a facility. For example, an attorney could request copies of falls, etc. and harm the facility in litigation. Because although a picture says a thousand words, it is not always correct.

Ginger Snap

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:46 pm
You have to wonder if this isn't a violation of HIPPA without some sort of consent signed by the resident, family, or guardian.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » camera's in nursing homes
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:28:34