Traveling to Los Angeles

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Traveling to Los Angeles

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 03:56 pm
Traveling to Los Angeles
I'm from a very small town in Georgia and I really want to travel to Los Angeles for a travel assignment. I've always dreamed of going there. Anybody been? Any tips? Know of any travel companies that'd be good to look into?

tat2ddikern

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:27 pm
CA Nursing
Hello,

I was in Los Angeles last summer and what a blast! I worked with Emerald health staffing and lived in marina del rey on the water and had an awesome job at st john's medical center in santa monica just 10 minutes away from my apartment and no highways ever! The only bad thing was the Emerald was paying me 10 less an hour than other travellers so i feel like i was bamboolzed and it was too late to do anything. also other travel rn's didnt bring their cars and had rent a cars provided by the travel company and used the travel money Emerald only pays $600.oo round trip to buy an airplane ticket instead of driving thousands of miles and putting miles on your vehicle and also $600.oo didnt even cover gas one way.

Fellow-Rn

moviegal23

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 11:35 am
Thanks for the tip about Emerald. I've talked with a recruiter from Access Nurses and I'm still researching about Los Angeles. The big city life is very intimidating, but I'm pretty much set on going just as soon as I find the best assignment. I'll keep the travel expenses in mind when I talk to my recruiter and see what they offer.

I appreciate your help. Where are you traveling now?

tat2ddikern

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 02:09 pm
Your Welcome!
I hope my info on California helps. I am thinking about going back there in January after this current assignment in Boston, MA ends. I am thinking about going to Bakersfield. More money that Los Angeles pay wise and 2 hours away, so I can stay out of trouble!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Traveling to Los Angeles
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:15:49