GN

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

lids11

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 02:36 pm
GN
I will be graduating in May with my RN. I am starting to interview for a job. Any advice for my interviews?

Ginger Snap

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 08:03 pm
YES!

BE HUMBLE, and don't walk into the interview like the hiring manager should be glad you chose to show up.

DON'T START DEMANDING A CERTAIN WORK SCHEDULE! It's the quickest way to turn off a hiring manager if you say "I only want to work Monday through Friday, no nights, no weekends, no holidays". (And yes, new grads have walked into interviews saying these things)

Thank the interviewer for seeing you, both personally and with a follow-up email or letter.

Think about why you want to work on this particular unit and tell the hiring manager your reasons

Think about what strengths or positive qualities you have that would make the hiring manager hire you over someone else, and mention them in your resume/interview

If you can, start gathering written recommendations from anyone you have worked with, even nursing instructors, and [b]bring them to the interview[/b]

Be flexible, and stress your willingness to learn, and try new things

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 10:08:08