my feet hurt

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » my feet hurt

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:44 pm
my feet hurt
I work 12 hour shifts and at the end of the shift I want to fall over dead because my feet hurt so bad. I wear the Airwalk foam shoes and they don't seem to be helping my feet at all. Are Dansko shoes the best there are for nurses? Are Crocs any better than the cheapo Airwalks? Are the Danskos worth the $100??

mayfla32

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:50 pm
Shoes are your friends
I have found in my early years that shoes are your friends while working long shifts. I have a few pairs of Danskos and think they are just wonderful. My back, legs, and feet never hurt. Before I was wearing cheapo tennis shoes and found that the Danskos are definately worth the $100 Exclamation

strco0122

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:54 pm
shoes
Ok, thanks for the input...maybe I'll get some at graduation. As a student I don't really have the money to afford those shoes right now. But I will soon. So just a couple more months of hurting feet.

mayfla32

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:56 pm
Sales
I found one pair of my Danskos online for pretty cheap. Have you looked on e-bay or other sites? Check those out first before you spend the big bucks...because I know what it's like to be a student Rolling Eyes

strco0122

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:59 pm
??
I'll have to look online, but I definately want a new pair. That way they're formed to my feet and not someone elses. But thanks for all your input Very Happy

antiqueblue

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 06:52 pm
I love Crocs. Many I work with wear them & say the same. I am heavy & work 12 hr. shifts. My feet never hurt.

javajess

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 12:25 am
Is it your heels that are hurting? sounds like planter facsiitis... inflammation of the connective tissue around the heel and in the arch. Danskos are great, but if you dont have the money, there is a cheaper alternative. "Super Feet" are special inserts sold at Dicks sporting goods, Eastern Mountain sports, and other athletic/outdoor specialty stores. (also sold online) They cost $30-35 dollars. Only get the blue kind! not the pink or green. the blue ones are made specifically for planter facsiitis and have great arch support, thus stretching those tendons. You can probably stick them in your air walks (remove the manufacturers foot pad first) I wear sneakers with these supports all the time when I am not working. Also, if you can get a hold of some birkenstock clogs or sandels, wear them around the house instead of going bear feet.... especially right out of bed in the morning. Helps to decrease the retearing of healing tissue. Stretching your foot and arch is really important to the healing process also, especially before bed.

gojigrl

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 02:21 pm
dankos are where it is at and also knee high 20 to 30 mmhg stockings

kaava1111

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 11:28 am
I wear tommy hilfiger tennis shoes and my feet never hurt with them. One thing I think is important is to wear shoes that have a leather upper. My feet don't get so hot and sweaty with leather upper shoes.

kesmai 1

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:25 am
Definitely invest in a really good pair of shoes. It will make your day everyday!

kidnurse66

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 02:23 pm
Hi there! I had a left THR two years ago and have ankylosing spondylitis so for me I have to very comfy, supportive shoes. I have to say that since the Crocs phase, I've been hooked. I have four pairs in different colours - extravagant maybe, but still about the same as you'd pay for Birkenstocks, etc. I really love these shoes, but I don't know how well the copycat Crocs compare to the real deal!

ann61

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 05:29 pm
hurting feet
i wear quartz shoes at about 30 a pair both at work and home. they are great and mold perfectly to your feet so they do not slide if you hurry down the hall like alot of clogs Smile ann61

RN Jenn

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:36 pm
there are Dansko outlets, one in Pennsylvania.

The outlet sells "flawed" clogs at almost 50% off retail, the "flaws" are not obvious, maybe a staple not perfectly in line with the others or a scratch in the leather, but do be sure to try them on, no (2) are made alike.

cheshirecat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 11:16 am
Sore feet
An old nurse once said to me "you spend all of your life on your feet, or on your back in bed, so buy the best shoes and bed you can afford".

rmudd1

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:26 pm
I need help
Dear antiqueblue,

My name is Renae (aka rmudd1). I'm attending college here in Texas and I'm taking this course called Laws and Ethics for Medical Careers. I need to interview someone in the medical field and I would like to interview a nurse. I noticed that you are LPN. That was one of the nurses on my list to interview. If you would be willing to do this for me I would appreciate it greatly. I have a few questions for you if you are willing. I would give you my personal email address and you can email me the answers to my questions. Please let me know if this would be possible. I need to have this turned in to the instructor by 9am central time Friday 6-8-07. Thank you so much.

rmudd1

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:35 pm
I need help.
antiqueblue wrote:
I love Crocs. Many I work with wear them & say the same. I am heavy & work 12 hr. shifts. My feet never hurt.

Hello antiqueblue,

My name is Renae (aka rmudd1). I noticed that you are a LPN. I'm taking this class called Laws and Ethics for Medical Careers. For this course I have to interview someone in the medical field. I would like to interview a nurse. If you are willing to answer a few questions for me I sure would appreciate it. I will give you my personal email address so you can email the answer to me there if you are willing. I don't know anyone in the medical field here so I had to turn to outside sources. I hope you don't think I'm crazy for asking this but I'm just pressed for time. I have to have this turned into the instructor by 9am Central time friday the 8th of june. Please help me. Very Happy

hanson

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 05:03 am
Crocs are the best!!!
Hi

I read your post about shoes, i also work 12 hour shifts and I can tell you crocs are the best!!!, you don;t know you have them on your feet and my feet don't hurt at all after a very busy day on ITU!! they are ealy to clean and stop your feet from sweating due to the vents in them. They really are the best!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Best of luck

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » my feet hurt
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:51:17