Any pediatric nurses here?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Any pediatric nurses here?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:01 am
Any pediatric nurses here?
I was just curious if we had any staff RNs who work in a pediatric hospital, or am I the only one?? I've been a RN for almost a year now and I'm trying to plan a move in the next year or so. My kids are heading off to college and I'm considering a move to warmer climate and wondered about pediatric hospitals in certain states. I've also got travel nursing in the back of my mind as well. After reading several posts from travelling nurses, I wonder if the pediatric world has just as many ups and downs in terms of how the staff RNs treat travellers coming into their facility. I'm very happy where I am, its a great hospital and would recommend it to anyone. I have just been waiting for this point in my life where I can pick up and move to a warmer climate, but would hate to go from "a good thing" to something less satisfying whether it be a permanent assignment or travel. I've looked up the "10 Best" (our facility is in the top 10) and not many are in warm climates, but I also realize there are many good hospitals that don't make the top 10 for whatever reason.
Any input would be appreciated !!
Thanks!

kimmiejs

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 10:35 am
I am not a pediatric nurse but I know that Eggleston Hospital (I am not sure if I spelled that correctly) in Atlanta is a great children's hospital. I have also been told there is a really good one in St. Petersburg Florida. I hope this helps Smile Idea

lyzluc

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:08 pm
peds nurse
I work at Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando. I've been there since Feb this year, on the Peds Hem-Onc floor. I like my job, but I often wish we had more support from administrators. My ANM is often so concerned with pidly things, she doesn't see me running my butt off trying to take care of these sick kids. A few months ago, we got a new wonderful NM who got a bunch of things done for us, but sadly she was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly thereafter and has been out since. I am hoping things improve when she gets back. We miss her. Overall, though, ORH (Orlando Regional Healthcare) is not a bad place to work. I hear is better on other floors, and that Hem-Onc is the step child b/c we are such a "small unit"...

soon2beRN

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 05:52 pm
Thanks for you're replies !! It gives me a lil' something to research. Very Happy

Becky2023

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 11:32 am
Hey! I'm staff at All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL. I've been here 1 1/2 yrs and am really only leaving to start travel in March. I like it here, but it does have as many issues as any other hospital. Med-surg staffing usually 3-5:1. Usually 4:1. Sometimes we're short, sometimes not. All depends. Area is nice, and plenty to do with the city and beach life. Pay seems to be one of the cheapest compared to other hospitals around but that's just what I hear. Anyways, good luck!

lyzluc

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 12:08 pm
florida pay
I think the pay anywhere in Fla, except maybe Miami is low in comparison to anywhere. So, don't be shocked when you get a quote. I have 17 1/2 years of nursing experience and I am making $23.62 on days. I don't have a BSN, but I have never had a desire to get it either. I'd rather do my job and leave (most of it, at least). Keep us updated.

nurseonthemove

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 06:06 pm
pediatrics
It was years ago but i did my pediatric rotation a All Childrens Hospital
in St. Petersburg, Florida and it was an awesome place then.
1989 Very Happy

sullkath53

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:45 am
Pediatrics
I work in pedi . I have been a nurse for >20 years and only the last 5 have been Pedi. There are Boston Children's Hospital , Mass General and New Englan Floating hospital for children are in my area There is also Hasbro in Rhode Island. The Travel Jobs in Pedi are few unless you have PICU experience or wnat to work in NICU.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Any pediatric nurses here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:43:16