Charge?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Charge?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:43 pm
Charge?
As a charge nurse I am sometimes astounded at the things that other nurses, patients and family members expect me to do. I was wondering what is the most ridiculous thing that you have been asked to do either as a charge nurse or in another position.

I actually had a family member complain about the food ( an extra tray we had given him thinking we were being nice) and ask what I brought to eat.........and he was serious.

rascal

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 12:59 pm
similarily, i was asked by a family member if i could go to a fast food restraunt on my lunch half hour and pick up an order. whenever i am working there and they would pay me back.
ok, no. i only get half hour to sit--get off my feet.

SharpknifeRN 1

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:35 am
Hi ,it is not new for them to complain about the food. I guess the worst thing is
when they want you to wash their clothes. I must get a request a week. I mean their clothes from home. This just happened again yesterday, and the guy had deficated all over himself when he passed out in the ER. (ETOH) I had to tell him we don't provide that service. Then we had to find him a pair of pants so he could be discharged. What are people thinking?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Charge?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:50:03