When family/friends want advice

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » When family/friends want advice

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:11 pm
When family/friends want advice
how do you feel about this? Do any of you have family members who constantly call you with questions or ailments ? What do you tell them? Do you welcome the calls/questions or does it bother you?

I've been an RN since February and have encountered several family members who call me regularly for medical advice......I wondered how some of the more "seasoned" nurses handle this or how they feel about it?

kimmiejs

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 09:43 am
Re: When family/friends want advice
soon2beRN wrote:
how do you feel about this? Do any of you have family members who constantly call you with questions or ailments ? What do you tell them? Do you welcome the calls/questions or does it bother you?

I've been an RN since February and have encountered several family members who call me regularly for medical advice......I wondered how some of the more "seasoned" nurses handle this or how they feel about it?

This is just something that comes with the territory. Just be polite and listen. Many a times it is something silly. I generally tell them if they are concerned enough to ask me or if it is something I think needs attention I always have them call their MD that day.

For the most part the calls do not bother me. Once call I received actually saved my father's life Very Happy

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » When family/friends want advice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:03:04