STRUGGLING!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » STRUGGLING!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 12:48 pm
STRUGGLING!
Recently i've been finding work really tough! I've got a lot going on and i just don't feel things are being shard equally at work, i'm getting all the crap, and no1 trusts trainee's enough to handle or anything! my partners not being the most supportive of people! I'm getting really fed up! and even beginning to wonder if i went into work to early in my life.. I'm only 17! Theres just no one i can actually talk to at work!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad

lpnlimbo

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:14 pm
Hi fed up
Sad I sorry to hear your so fed up at such a young age. It took me a little longer than 17 to get to the point your talking about but only by a few years. But I'm not sure what position you hold at work? What's your job title? I started off as a CNA and worked my way through school to become a LPN and I went through a similar struggle as a CNA and as a LPN but everything comes round circle to a hault where you think about your position/job and then return to it if you are truly meant to have it. Try to be positive if you can and just let other peoples commets roll off your shoulder, or whatever their behaviors are toward you. One thing I remember realizing as a new nurse was just how much responsibilty was really on my shoulders as a charge nurse (nursing home) and how I really didn't have much support when things hit the fan so to speak. But I think that with time you gain more and more confidence in yourself. I remember being new and feeling overwhelmed by everything and I was so scared to make a mistake or hurt a patient. But again, with time all good things seem to come eventually. Look at this part of your life as a sort of initiation, after this phase passes, and it will, you'll have a different outlook at work. Good Luck! Smile

Nursing Home

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:49 am
Same thing
I went through the same thing. I worked as a CNA for about a year. Towards the end of my career as a CNA, I was so fed up and almost burst out in tears. The best way to relieve my stress is to find a friend/family/supervisor to talk to. If you are really fed up with your work, find another job. You are still young, there are so much you can do. You can cont'd with your education and so forth.
Now, I am studying in a nursing school and life is so much better !

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » STRUGGLING!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:15:51