migraine headaches

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » migraine headaches

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 08:01 pm
migraine headaches
Hello to all. I am a retired nurse with 24 years of ICU background. I am now residing in Seattle. I have a dear friend with diagnosed migraine headaches. All she has done in the past has been to see medical internists and been given RX for pain. I feel she should see a Neurologist with maybe a speciality in migranes but I do not know who to recommend to her as I have not been practicing in the Seattle area. Any good input would be wonderful......she also lives in Seattle. Any nurses out there live in the Seattle area?

quinnlynn2

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:30 pm
I also am a nurse that suffers from migraines. and to be quite frank I have done just about everything including neurologists who put me on prednisone, which taken long term well it sucks! i dont believe in hokey pokey stuff .........BUT a while back my well meaning (herbal is best) friend gave me a tube of headache relief cream. it was from the origins store (I may have just broke a rule.......) I have never shopped there or used any of their other stuff... but this stuff works, I mean really works. Its a minty substance that you rub on your temples, earlobes and where your jaw meets behind your ears. give it about 5 minutes GONE! trust me I am the HARDEST sell on this kinda stuff. But hey if your headache is bad enough youll try just about anything.........I hope she figures it out...Quinn

luvnursing

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 03:14 pm
migranes
Hello, I am a nurse who suffers from migranes too!! I have seen neurology and they rx with a beta blocker(inderal) which prevents them from occuring, however I did not tolerate the med( bp dropped too low). I also have rx for imitrex wich most always works. The few times it doesn't I go to urgent care and get a liter of NS with IV torodol. Works wonders. There are also other protocols out there such as fluids with compazine or phenergan, torodol, and benedryl combo which seems to work on cranial nerves to stop migrane. Hope this info helps. Very Happy

Deelicious

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 08:17 pm
Re: migraine headaches
You should not be diagnosing other people's problems. We are nurses...not doctors. You could lose your license for doing things like that

luvnursing

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 03:25 pm
migrane headaches
I am not diagnosing, only sharing what my EXPERIENCE with miganes was.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » migraine headaches
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 10:07:07