1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » moving to US

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

tanyaf

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 01:16 am
moving to US
Hi All!
I'm rn form Israel and this October i'll move to US.
i'll be glad to get some tips about interview, shifts scheduling, work in general...please, share your experince with me if you 've been in this situation, or you are the preceptor.
thank's a lot Smile

picuRN

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:06 pm
Hi,

What area of nursing do you work in? Are you a new graduate? I am a preceptor for a Pediatric ICU. Let me know what questions you have and I can help you find some answers.

Courtney

tanyaf

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 01:07 pm
Hi Courtney,
Thanks for your response. I'm an experienced RN, graduated from 1998 (B.S.N.). Last 6y I'm working in Internal Medicine area. That the direction I'll pursue after moving to the US.

I'll appreciate your help in giving me some general tips/directions.

With regard to specific question I was thinking on the following list:
1. According to the contract I'll have 2w orientation. How it is working?
2. How scheduling works in general? 2 shifts in a day? 3 shifts in a day?
3. Is it fixed schedule for a long period (1 month) or it changes on weekly basis?

I undesrstand that answers on question above might vary from hospital to hospital, but anyway, if I'll have a whole spectrum picture it might definetely help.

Tanya.

picuRN

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:00 pm
Hi Tanya,

A two week orientation is not very long at all. In the unit that I work in, it is intensive care though, our new grads get 16-20 weeks and established RN's get from 4-12 weeks depending on their comfort level.

In our unit we do self scheduling. I work full time so I schedule myself for 3 12 hour shifts per week. I usually work nights from 7pm-7am. My schedule changes on a weekly basis.

I hope this helps let me know ifyou have more questions. Do you know where you are going to work at?

Courtney

tanyaf

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 04:32 pm
Hi , Courtney!
Thanks for your response. all this information is very helpfull. it sounds great to work 3 12h shifts / week. in my hospital i don't have such opportunity.
I'm going to RI, Providence. i don't have any details about hospital / department, i know it will be full time according to my job offer.
all this seems very stressfull.... Shocked
do you know nurses from RI?
Tanya

vivi314

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 01:50 am
rn from israel too
Hi Tanya
My name is Vivi and i am a rn in israel too.
I am close to assign a contract to FL.
If you want we can talk by phone or by e mail and we can change information.
Please contact me.

tanyaf

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:37 am
Re: rn from israel too
vivi314 wrote:
Hi Tanya
My name is Vivi and i am a rn in israel too.
I am close to assign a contract to FL.
If you want we can talk by phone or by e mail and we can change information.
Please contact me.

Hi Vivi
great idea!
call me 4-8746462
by
Tanya

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » moving to US
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:12:12