NEW NURSING GRAD IN NEED OF SOME HELP!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » NEW NURSING GRAD IN NEED OF SOME HELP!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

txgrad

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:23 pm
NEW NURSING GRAD IN NEED OF SOME HELP!
I am graduating in December and I am starting to look at what jobs are available. I have a 3.6 GPA and have 36 hours towards my bachelors, which I plan on finishing while working. Ultimately I am looking to be a anesthetist so I want to go straight to ICU from school. I live in Houston and would consider relocating in if it made since to do so but given the large medical center here I am hoping to find something. What salary should I expect along with benefits etc. I have an offer in Phoenix, AZ for 23.00 an hour + benefits. A little help from the established nurses would be greatly appreciated!

peaches 1

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:30 pm
I presently work in Alabama, but have spent a LOT of time at MD Anderson in Houston. While there, I attended a nurse recruitment luncheon and spoke with human resource people. I couldn't believe the benefits the University of Texas has!! I don't know about starting salary because I have been a nurse for so long, I generally top out anyway. But they said if you worked for them for just 10 years, you would get full benefits, including major medical insurance from them, after you retire or leave. I was very impressed with their benefit package, compared to what Alabama has to offer. We are always behind in everything, anyway!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » NEW NURSING GRAD IN NEED OF SOME HELP!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:52:58