Big move day!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Big move day!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 07:56 pm
Big move day!
Hi everyone! It's certainly been awhile since I've stopped by and posted anything. So I'm back and the newest news is that I'm moving and it seems like everyday there's a baracade somewhere in my way I tell you! I just want to get organized and in finally! I'm leaving the nursing profession and entering the accounting field so that I can have more quality time with my family. Notice I didn't say anything about working less hours. That's because taking the pay cut that I'm taking is risky finacially yet, it's a liable risk when you take into consideration that I won't be asked to work all this O.T. Nor will I be asked to work on week-ends when all I want to really do is take 2 whole days and nights for just myself and my family to let loose and have some fun and every week-end is necessary. It's when you only work on say Sat. mornings for half a day that it really doesn't matter to you or your family then. I just remember way too well all the wonderful autumns that have passed where I had bed and breakfast trips planned in romantic get-a-ways or just by myself and yet I couldn't even manage to just leave for the whole morning and afternoon taking a nice long scenic drive to the country for apples and pumpkins without having to have to work that entire week-end. Those days are gone for me thank-you very much. I told my fiance that he too should consider not going back to his carpentry job since it was doing the same thing to him as nursing was doing to me. Who needs that type of stress really? So if I have to go back to working F/T just so we can make ends meet and be happier in the overall picture, it's worth it. Now if we can just get this move on with!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lpnlimbo

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:48 am
The move is still on
Shocked I can't believe how much work is still ahead of me, somehow I'll get through though. Today's Father's Day and not much work will be done today seeing that we're going to the movies, but hey, who says I can't pack a few boxes anyway?

lpnlimbo

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 09:46 am
Still in moving limbo but moving forward somehow.
Rolling Eyes Okay....I know I'm still not getting that far but hey, I'm trying. I have so much to do still it's insane.

lpnlimbo

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 01:11 am
Smile Okay, the big move day is over but still there is lots to do. I found a night job down the block from me and my body is still getting used to the hours although being able to sleep 7-8 hrs a day really helps. I'm starting to get into the swing of things although it's really tough supporting a family on my own. It's gotten to the point where I choose the night shift for 2 main reasons. And one of them is not the pay. The first reason is really two-fold. The first part is that I blew a varicose vein out on my leg and had surgery. It was from standing for too long of periods of time as a day shift nurse. It's just my body's way of telling me it's way too much for me. I'm simply not designed for that. The second reason other than leg pain after walking/standing for too long is the stress level. Nursing is far by most the most stressful job I've ever had and ever will! I had started a new thing in the past yr of having anxiety/panic attacks from this crap. So I also find that on the night shift it's not as bad although it's not always a piece of cake either, but doable. The second reason is that it gives me a way of having a real break from my fiancee and his 11 yr old daughter. We also have many animals, 4 chatty birds and 2 dogs that are teaching our puppy for sale how to howl for several several walks a day. I'm in a family where I'm the primary housekeeper and I'm the only one bringing in a income, so it's tough. So tough that I've given up on housekeeping when I work that night and just try to clean up after myself alone. On my days off I'm planning on cooking for the week ahead and freezing it so that I myself may have a decent meal considering that they love fast food 24/7 and I don't. I get up after dinner time and relax on the couch waking up and motivated for work. I'm not helping with homework because she's so smart but there are tons of things to listen to about her school and checks to write and other things to sign. I do this while massaging my fiancee's feet or back or whatever else because this is how he interpretes love. I'm tired most of the time except for my early morning times which I love the most because I have the most amount of energy then. I don't mind crashing out during the day as well. But I'm starting to cross roads with my guy because he's starting to expect me to actually be up and do things with him while my sleep time. He thinks I can get by with cat naps. Not happening! I already made my point clear but I have a feeling I'll be repeating myself many times over again until he gets a job or some kind of schedule for himself. He's obviously forgotten what a job can make you feel like. Tired! He tires himself out with the dog walks. Well, you know what? That's not presidence to me. And it won't be long before he keeps himself occupied. I'm signing up all up for the YMCA so that we can all get healthy and eat normal again. This will boost the moral of people around here too and beat their depression. The good thing is there is no contract. If everyone wants to quit it won't cost me a dime! So tonight I'm off! Tonight, tommarrow night the next night and the next I'm off! Thank you Jesus! Amen! I plan on having a little fun for myself during this time. I'm going to carve pumpkins and roast seeds and bake a cake and staighten up around here and hang my Halloween decorations! Then I'm going to attack the over flowing piles of laundry and scrub and sanitize the bathroom and clean out all 3 bird cages. All within my 4 nights off. Then there are electroylsis appts and driving lisence apps to keep as well as picking up a tv and hooking up cable and setting up a birthday party and birthday bedroom for my future step-daughter. I will have a very busy days off schedule to keep. The only bad thing is that late at night you really can't make that much noise when you live in an apartment. I can't vacuum but I can dust and clean windows and staighten up the place. I can bag everyones stuff up and put it by their bedroom doors tonight so that tomarrow it can be put away. So then I'll only really have the bedroom to straighten up tommarrow. Then come down the decorations from storage. I'll have a very fun and exciting morning decorating. I do have a couple of errands to run but not till later in the morning.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Big move day!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.11 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:31:22