Help with a course description

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Help with a course description

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:02 am
Help with a course description
Dear nurses!
I finished nursing school in Belarus. Now I'm living in USA and try to evoluate my diploma here. I'v sent already documents to evoluation agency, but they required course description, which are impossible to get due to not existing such a document in Ministry of Health Protection of republic of Belarus. I tryed to explain this to the agency but they keep saying that enable procced withaut it. They offer to prepare this by my self ( describe each course from my diploma). My English is not very professional so please be may some of you have course description from your study and you will be so helpfull to share copy with me, so i can to take as a pattern and idea for finishing evoluation process.
Thank you.

SharpknifeRN 1

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:08 am
I don't think anyone would have such a discription. Nor am I sure you really need one. If I may offer some advice, get yourself ready to sit the boards where you are and do it. Generally after you have your license, getting a job is not going to be too difficult, even if you are a new grad. There are acctually places that will not hire anything else because they presume you don't have any bad habits yet. But if you feel you must have thes evaluators then here is how you can get a good corse discription. Go to any local college or school of nursing and pick up their coarse catallog. In it there will be coarse discriptions which will probably be very similar to what you had in Belarus. You could probably copy them verbatum, but what you need is your license. Welcome to the USA and welcome to nursing.

Tatiana 1

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 05:30 pm
Thank you for replay! It is good idea and i going to do this.

jhals

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:43 pm
Sorry sharpknife, you are wrong. Most foreign nurses have to supply their cirriculum because the states want to see if they have been taught all we have been taught. If you have your notes from school still. The instructors, at least in the US, provide their students with a class outline for every subject we take. If you have your class outlines, you could translate them into english and see if they will except that. You could also write to your school of nursing and ask them to provide the class outlines for you.

kimmiejs

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:11 pm
When I first applied for my nursing license in Western Australia the Georgia Board of Nurses as well as the nursing school I attended submitted information to the Nurses Board of Western Australia. If you are not proficient in English that could cause your application to be rejected. If you do not speak fluent English I would suggest you take some courses. Good luck Smile

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Help with a course description
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:36:31