should i pursue?(could use some heavenly guidance)

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » should i pursue?(could use some heavenly guidance)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 11:09 pm
should i pursue?(could use some heavenly guidance)
Hello nursing world,

i have joined this forum, might be because i'm going through mid-life crisis.

i have been with a co. for 8+years. i came from the bottom and worked my way to mgmt. recently i decided to step down to have a baby and hopefully stay home more to take care of her. as the world know, you now need two incomes to make it comfortable in this world.

day by day i go to work and ask my immediate mgrs. "what i can i do for you besides my regular duty today?"
the response i get is "nothing" thanks.
i literary go to work and do nothing. and i feel bad because they are paying me; (not much,) to do nothing.

i get so bothered, i feel as if my skills/abilities are not being exercised.
so i find tellling myself to find a "real job".

i am currently in customer service, because i like helping and satisfying people.
i am now 35, i have read a little bit on nursing, i am more opt to go all the way and get a BSN.

is this just a dream, is it too late for me or should i just go for the 2yr.certificate? Question

your inputs will be greatly appreciated

SharpknifeRN 1

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 10:47 am
No you are not too old. I was 35 when I started and there were people in my classes who where in their 60's. Go for it if you want age is not a big deal. I have now been in nursing 6 years. Why don't you start simple. I know it sounds beneath you, but go get your CNA cert, just for a few weeks do that. The reason I recommend this is that a lot of people get into nursing and do not count the cost. There is a lot of hard and unpleasant work involved in this profession. See how you deal with the mundain part first. If you have no problem, feeding, cleaning, bathing, pampering and putting people in body bags then persue it if you still want too. Time was when they required this of incoming nurses, but because of shortages that has been stoped. Good luck and welcome aboard. And yes I was in kind of a mid-life crisis at the time too.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » should i pursue?(could use some heavenly guidance)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 01:52:00