Jobs

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JaNae

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:49 pm
Jobs
I am graduating in two weeks and I have been looking for jobs for the last 1 1/2 months and I still haven't found anything. I would really like to work in pediatrics. I wouldn't mind relocating, I have nothing holding me back. Where does everybody look for jobs? I haven't found the internet extremely useful but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Any tips? Confused

Drussell52

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:51 am
Re: Jobs
JaNae wrote:
I am graduating in two weeks and I have been looking for jobs for the last 1 1/2 months and I still haven't found anything. I would really like to work in pediatrics. I wouldn't mind relocating, I have nothing holding me back. Where does everybody look for jobs? I haven't found the internet extremely useful but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Any tips? Confused
JaNae, first congratulations on your forthcoming accomplishment of graduation!
Does your nurse association publish job fairs and such? You may search that venue.
Do you want hospital setting or physician/pediatrician office?
Then perhaps a selected classified ad search in a major metro daily, or Sunday paper would show advertisements for positions.
Just a couple ideas, but wish you good fortune!
David (smile)

Ginger Snap

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:58 pm
The Internet is not a good place to find employment. However, if you go to the hospital's website and fill out an application online (with a copy of your resume), you will usually have better success.

Also, try calling the nurse recruiter for the hospital. It's their job to get you connected to the right people.

And I wouldn't get so discouraged yet. You have been looking for 1 1/2 months, but you're not a nurse yet. Once you graduate, things will be better because you are actually allowed to practice as a graduate nurse. And May/June is usually a good time to look for work. Most hospitals start gearing up for new hires coming out of nursing school about this time of year, so they'll have programs in place for new grads.

If you are willing to relocate, you might try Denver. There are several teaching hospitals in this area and they all have programs designed for new grads.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:34:47