Help - Is Job Offer for Fort Myers, Florida fair??

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Help - Is Job Offer for Fort Myers, Florida fair??

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:21 pm
Help - Is Job Offer for Fort Myers, Florida fair??
Hello,

I am a Registered Nurse living in Fort Myers, and I just got offered a full-time position in the O.R. for $23 per hour.

I am a nurse with 4 years experience (mostly med surg and renal), but the O.R. is new to me.

Is this a fair hourly rate? It is at a major hospital in the area.

Thanks in advance!

Brad
[email protected]

QFastic

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:09 am
No way. Ask for more or go agency or travel. Travel is paying at least 40.

kimmiejs

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 06:30 pm
If you were an experienced OR nurse I would question the salary. As a new RN in the OR that seems about right. If you take that job after a couple years you should be able to get either a raise or you could find another OR that would be willing to pay more for your experience.

Skyla

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:03 am
kimmiejs wrote:
If you were an experienced OR nurse I would question the salary. As a new RN in the OR that seems about right. If you take that job after a couple years you should be able to get either a raise or you could find another OR that would be willing to pay more for your experience.

Terrible pay!!! Ouch!!! I would definitely negotiate for a higher salary!
They would be lucky to have you!
Good luck!
Peace,
Skyla

jhals

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 06:44 pm
Florida Salaries
That, unfortunately, is what you will start with in Florida. They pay lousy. That's why I left. As an agency nurse I was making $31/h and all the overtime I wanted. I took a travel job to California and I make $44. Unfortunately, if you are changing specialties, you'll have to take what they give you, move to a higher paying state or stay with what you know and travel. Florida salaries insult nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Help - Is Job Offer for Fort Myers, Florida fair??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 12:33:31