legal nursing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » legal nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 10:09 pm
legal nursing
does anyone know much about legal nursing? to be honost i have not investigated it much....but i know i am interested.. I am currently an OR nurse and LOVE it but am curious if the money is better in law.
thanks

LokiRn93

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:57 pm
Legal Nursing
There may be more money but less headaches. Stay where you are.

okornurse

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 08:43 am
really? can you tell me more?
bs

yoyo 1

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:38 pm
olahoma nurse
I have 17 years in Med/Surg and plan to olahoma in Summer. Can you get how much should I earn per hour . Would they consider my expirience? Is the pay vary from hospital to hospital.I am a canadian nurse. Thanks

okornurse

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 10:47 pm
pay
I work in southern oklahoma in a medium size town with one hospital. I have been a nurse for 11 years and I now work in the OR on days. I make 21.50/hr straight pay. They do take your experience into consideration. "They" say this is comparible in our area....but I do know that in Oklahoma City or Tulsa (large cities) it is not unusual to hear of 25.00-30.00 per hr.
Good Luck
bs

yoyo 1

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 10:22 pm
Thank you so much for your information. What are your pt and nurse ratio
so it can give me some ideas. I always have 4 to 1. do... everything.I am very lucky to know you b/c you are the oklahoma nurse where i want to move . Can I keep intact with you in the future if I have any question about work related. Waiting for your reply. Thanks.

okornurse

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 07:56 pm
we do not have a ratio really. i work in the or and we can only take care of one patient at a time. in holding area and recovery...there is alittle more multi tasking...but nothing like the floor..
good luck
bs

yoyo 1

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:09 pm
to oklahoma nurse. Do you know what company or any agency.. cover for malpratise ,so I can buy in oklahoma. Thanks

kimmiejs

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:48 pm
One of the nurses that I have worked with in the past has tried "legal nursing". She said overall it was not a very positive experience. The law firm would only allot so many hours for research. If you went over these hours you were not paid for these hours. She said there was no way you could accomplish everything that needed to be done ethically and honestly.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » legal nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:20:16