should BSN nurses be paid more than ADN nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Announcements
  3. » should BSN nurses be paid more than ADN nurses

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 04:45 pm
In reading other blogs on this subject I learned how strongly people feel about same pay for same work. It seems that most nurses are saying that the quality of work they perform should be the only factor in determining salary. We are currently having this heated discussion in contract negotiations and my peers are opposed to giving BSN level RN's more money even though our employer wants to. My position is education is valued in our society and the results of education cannot always be measured in how well someone starts an IV or changes a dressing. I agree that the quality of work you do has more to do with who you are as a person than what program you attended . I also believe that education should be rewarded and rewarding education doesn't mean one person can complete an assignment any better than another person. Why does this have to be such explosive topic?

Liz Pressman

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 04:20 pm
@Psych Nur,
I recently went back to school to work on my BSN. Decided to skip the ADN, spend one more year in school and come out with a Batchelors (which I hear eventually might be the new minimum requirement... I know in TX they are already pushing it) I have a question... if we are all in this to "help people" and "make a difference" why do I notice the alarming amount of nurses that are always being so rude to eachother. There seems to be a great divide between all the different levels, each feeling threatened, or better than, or like they should "make more money". Shouldn't we all have a mutual respect for eachother as well as the profession we are in? I just don't understand why everyone seems out for themselves. Seems contradictory if you ask me.

Liz Pressman

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 04:21 pm
@Liz Pressman,
Also I am new to this forum, and did not mean to direct my reply straight to you , lol But in general you know... after reading all of this discussion.

BB8

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:46 pm
HI IM HAPY 4U

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Announcements
  3. » should BSN nurses be paid more than ADN nurses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.3 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:34:44