Nurses with Fibromyalgia

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Nurses with Fibromyalgia

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TwistRN

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 02:14 am
Nurses with Fibromyalgia
I would like to know about nurses out there who have Fibromyalgia. If you have this chronic pain disease, how do you work / cope with it? What works / doesn't work for you in life, whether working, caring for family, etc.? Thanks for your time and thoughts!

TammySue

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 04:12 pm
Re: Nurses with Fibromyalgia
TwistRN wrote:
I would like to know about nurses out there who have Fibromyalgia. If you have this chronic pain disease, how do you work / cope with it? What works / doesn't work for you in life, whether working, caring for family, etc.? Thanks for your time and thoughts!

my friend has this. she chose to work in psychiatric nursing on the night shift. there is very little physical exertion, and most of her work is either paperwork or doing intakes with new patients. she can use her assessment skills and her interpersonal skills, without wearing out her already tired physical body. she says she couldn't stay in nursing if it weren't for this type of position. she is in her late 40s.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Nurses with Fibromyalgia
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:03:57