nursing student desperate for help?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » nursing student desperate for help?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 12:53 pm
nursing student desperate for help?
Hi I just recently completed a private lvn school and academically I passed with a 84 percent overall grade which I thought was a good thing.On my exit evaluation I was told that even though i passed the course that since I made one mistake on my last clinical day that I had been terminated from the program.What I did was inadvertantly throw a lancelet i used for testing a patients blood sugar into the trash can.I was not counseled by the instructor and was not offered any remedial training in fact I attended school for another two weeks and when I passed final examination thats when they told me I was terminated from program.the school is offering to let me go to clinical for an extra two months to pass the course but I asked them is this going to happen again?what if i make make one small mistake and u guys do this to me again?they wouldnt give me a straight answer.I want to go report this school to board of nursing what do u experienced nurses suggest I do? I have never been written up at this school for a clinical error before!Dont students make dumb mistakes sometimes!

TeleNurseboy

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 11:27 pm
yes students make dumb mistakes. unfortunately how cani say this your screwed. schools can do what they want. had a friend who was kicked out in last week similiar situation. only difference is that his clinical instructor told him at the beginging of the semster he was going to fail and she would see to it. he was a straight a student. he got a lawyer and so on and all it did was cost him money. take the two months and move on. get it in writting that they will give degree and go and never go back to school there.

tiberius10721

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 04:22 pm
I went and threatened to go to the board of nursing and the next day the school called and said i only had to go back for clinicals for two weeks and for free.I am very pleased with the outcome because I will recieve more training which is what i wanted.I argued for two hours with school to get this result.they wanted me to repeat a whole term at first which is eleven weeks and they wanted me to pay another 5-7 thousand dollars so i definately cant complain. Very Happy

TeleNurseboy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:34 pm
holy cow 5-7k for one term of nursing school my entire adn program cost less then that books and all. it costs me about 2300 for LPN and about 3200 for RN bridge.

tiberius10721

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 11:33 am
I learned my lesson .Ill never go to a private nursing school again.when I continue my education to be an Rn Im going to public college instead.Idont care how long waiting period is.

Tmsmith127

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:54 am
Don't feel bad even seasoned nurses make mistakes and anyone who says they don't are just down right lying. Not one of your instructors could say they had a perfect record.... I don't know one nurse or Doctor for that matter that dose.

bomalley

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:00 pm
appeal the decision
This might be a bit late but there should be an appeals process in place at the college. Public schools would have this.
It there is no appeals process in place at the college then there should be some type of consumer affairs regulatory body you can go to to appeal the decision.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » nursing student desperate for help?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:14:11