Some help

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Some help

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 06:21 pm
Some help
I am getting out of the B.S. IT field and I want to go back into the Nursing field.

As a Juvenile I got into trouble. Will this hurt me in getting a job? I also got some traffic tickets as well since I became an adult.

Does anyone know what the Board of Nursing requires in North Carolina?

envirocbr

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 06:27 pm
Sorry I found this...but cant make out exactly what they mean, as in, what charges are they talking about?

90-171.37. (2) Has been convicted of or pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to any crime which
indicates that the nurse is unfit or incompetent to practice nursing or that the nurse has
deceived or defrauded the public.

RNSC

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:23 pm
If you want an authoritative answer, you will have to define "some trouble" and the traffic infractions to the NC Board of Nursing. They are empowered by law and my opinion just doesn't matter.

As a general answer, they want to know what kind of person you are, if you have integrity, and are responsible. As an example, if you write a bad check, it can be determined by your action as to your character. If you write a bad check here, it is a crime, but if through your own initiative you promptly make it good, then it won't impede your licensing. If the courts get involved to force you to make it good, you can forget about getting (or keeping) your license.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Some help
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:50:40