SPECIALTIES

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » SPECIALTIES

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:48 am
SPECIALTIES
I have been a med/surg nurse for 2 years now. I would like to change specialties to L/D or GYN (women's services-which covers everything to do with the woman's reproductive organs). How is the job market for these 2 areas? Is one any better or less stressful than the other? I would like to travel one day too. Do you guys see alot of travel positions for these two areas? Like, I know if I decided to change my specialty, i would need to wait 1-2.5 more years until i got a pretty good knowledge base in L/D or GYN. I don't know what to do..

It is usually difficult to get into these positions where I am from but right now one of the hospitals has some openings in these 2 areas because they have separated the 2 units and expanded them, so they need more nurses in these areas. I talked to Human Resources and the Recruiter emailed me the Job Response form required to apply. The problem now is the response form has a section on it that says, "what qualifies you for this position?"
I DONT HAVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ALREADY, I'VE JUST BEEN WANTING TO BE IN WOMEN'S HEALTH SINCE 2005!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO/SAY??? HELP ME PLEASE!!! THANKS.
Confused Question

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » SPECIALTIES
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:45:24