Northern California Hospitals for Critical Care ????

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Northern California Hospitals for Critical Care ????

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 06:36 am
Northern California Hospitals for Critical Care ????
Hey there folks. I'm a critical care nurse whom has been travelling almost exclusively in Florida with the same company for 8 years. I'm going to Northern California in the new year and is looking for any advice on the hospitals in the Bay Area, Sacramento, Fresno, and San Jose. Are there any to avoid? Any with poor staff attitude to travellers?
Any advice on agency work in the San Francisco area would be greatly appreciated as well.

thirty years and counting

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 02:54 am
Where to work...
Your registry is likely to set you up with a selected length contract wherever you go so investigate your little heart out! I started as a contract nurse working prisons, which are needing help due to the Plata lawsuit won by a prisoner demanding excellent medical care! The prisons are now using more contractors because there are time limits in place to provide these services, and the prisoners are very aware of their rights. The best place, though, is the new state hospital in Coalinga. The individuals have served their time in prison and are being offered counseling and other rehab to help them return to society. The facility is high tech in design. The milieu is much better than in the prisons, though the population is held captive (civilly committed). You will definitely find the pay outstanding, the environment state-of-the-art, and an experience in nursing you won't forget!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Northern California Hospitals for Critical Care ????
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:19:57