hi y'all

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » hi y'all

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:46 pm
hi y'all
I am new here and just thought I would say hi. Love to chat!!!

lauralp 082007

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 07:44 pm
hey! I'm new here too. I'm a 19 yr old MA student!

Malinin

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:37 am
I'm also new here.
My name is Malin, I'm from Sweden and I'm planning on studying to become a nurse next fall.
To some extent medicine is a bit of a family trait; My mother is a surgical nurse, my dad is a medical equipment engineer with a focus on gas equipment and operating tables.
The last five years I've been working as a personal assistant of severely disabled children here in Sweden. There's been a lot of machinery involved in the care of these kids so to some extent I'm already working with things that RN's do at hospitals.
While I know a bit about the situation for nurses in Sweden, I'm interested what it's like for nurses abroad which is why I've joined this forum.

If anyone of you have any questions about nursing/medicine in Sweden I'll do my best to answer them. Smile

Best regards,
Malin

ladybugnurse

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 01:55 am
Re: hi y'all
Hello, I just joined about 5 minutes ago. I am a new LPN. I graduated in December. I work in a Nursing Home. I have 40 residents every night. I would love to chat with someone who at times feels totally overwhelmed with nursing. Don't get me wrong I love it but I feel burnt out at times. Sometimes I just want to sleep, or take care of myself for a while. I also got married 1 month ago, and would love to have children, but I really just don't see how I will ever have the time to spend on a child when I have to drag myself out of bed everyday to wash my hair and go to work, so if anyone has any advise or feels the same I do, let me know.

blueeyedangel

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 06:59 pm
lady bug you will get used to it. you took on a lot all at once but I am sure you will succeed at all.
I have been a nurse for (gulp) 20 years and work with oncology patients.

also hi to the others on here as well. Being that I have been around a while, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

ladybugnurse

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:01 am
thanks blue eyed angel. I hope I will learn to jugle life and nursing. Nursing just kind of overwhelms me at times and I forget I actually have a life other than my job. Well, not really forget, but push aside untill I am totally exhausted. How do you jugle a career and a family?

blueeyedangel

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 07:25 pm
sometimes it can be hard to juggle both. but let me give you 1 piece of advice. always keep your family as number one ahead of your career. that was tough for me to learn and never bring your job home with you. leave it at work.

Rachy TVN

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 12:50 pm
HIIIIIII
Well seeing as were all new... lol, i may as well introduce myself... *COUGH COUGH*

I'm rachel Smile Nice to meet you all *waves*

blueeyedangel

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:17 pm
Hi Rachel! I am D'Juanna. glad to meet you

jonathan9059

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 06:10 pm
Hi everyone

Also new on here. Been qualified just over 18months, working on a urology unit, and absolutely loving it - so wish I'd done it sooner! Anyway, love to chat with people and make new friends, so hopefully look forward to catching up with some of you soon!

Tig

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:34 am
Hi - I'm Tig (real name Lesley - can you see why I prefer my nickname?! Wink)

Decided, at the grand old age of 35, to completely change career and retrain as a nurse. I just wish I'd done it years ago instead of wasting 18 years as a draughtsman (-woman, whatever!). I'm in my first year and really should be finishing an assigment now, but maybe just one more coffee .... lol

Hope to chat to you all sometime.

Tig

seasquirrel

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 01:25 am
Malinin wrote:
I'm also new here.
My name is Malin, I'm from Sweden and I'm planning on studying to become a nurse next fall.
To some extent medicine is a bit of a family trait; My mother is a surgical nurse, my dad is a medical equipment engineer with a focus on gas equipment and operating tables.
The last five years I've been working as a personal assistant of severely disabled children here in Sweden. There's been a lot of machinery involved in the care of these kids so to some extent I'm already working with things that RN's do at hospitals.
While I know a bit about the situation for nurses in Sweden, I'm interested what it's like for nurses abroad which is why I've joined this forum.

If anyone of you have any questions about nursing/medicine in Sweden I'll do my best to answer them. Smile

Best regards,
Malin
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hi malin! read your post, and am interested in corresponding with nurses who are interested in enemas, internal cleansings, etc. please write and let me know about any experiences you may have had.

Drussell52

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:23 am
Re: hi y'all
blueeyedangel wrote:
I am new here and just thought I would say hi. Love to chat!!!
Hi blueeyed angel, Just saw post. I live in Michigan, medical transcriptionist by profession, but like to break up the day with an occasional hello. I am married have 2 teenage kids, and enjoy novels, current events, classical, light roc and gospel music, and a good afternoon nap on the weekends. Write back if you wish to continue the conversation! David

Babysittah

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:34 am
Hallo y'all, wanna no bout nursin everything! Post anything!

Paris

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:12 pm
NEW HERE
LOVE TO CHAT!!!! Rolling Eyes

vjackson85

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 06:42 pm
help !
Hi my name is vicky. I'm a college student and i'm going for nursing. For my english class i have to interview a registered nuse for an essay about why i'm trying for nursing. Can a nurse please help me out??

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » hi y'all
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:09:25