PLEASE REPLY. IN GREAT NEED OF HELP- READ IT PLEASE

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » PLEASE REPLY. IN GREAT NEED OF HELP- READ IT PLEASE

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:36 pm
PLEASE REPLY. IN GREAT NEED OF HELP- READ IT PLEASE
My best friend wants to do ecstasy and the BIG problem is that I don't want her to die because she is on medication for her arthritis right now. I don't know anything about what this could do to her, but i want to know! I know that her medication is called Enbrel. I just want to know if the ecstasy and the Enbrel could cause a reaction that will turn her life upside down, or take her life away completely!! PLEASE HELP ME.. reply as fast as possible Crying or Very sad

SharpknifeRN 1

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 03:24 pm
She wants to do ecstasy, and your biggest worry is what happens when it combines with her arthritis medication? I suggest you take a good look at this person and ask yourself if you really can't live with out her? Ecstasy with in it's self will probably kill her eventually. In the mean time it will surely mess up her life, and probably yours too. Don't you realize that all you have to do is be in the same house or car with her to get arrested? And they will take that house or car too when she gets caught. Check out what I am saying if you don't believe it. Where do you see her life going in 5 or 10 years if she starts this? Especialy if she already has arthritis? What will she look like then? How much fun will she be? Could you trust her with your kids? your stuff while you are at work? your bank account? Enbrel works by deactivating the tumor necrosi factor repsonsable for arthritis. In other words it's a kind of nonsteroidal antinflamatory medication. It can have some pretty serious side effects. I looked it up. Nothing in print about mixing it with other meds legal or illegal that I have seen. THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SAFE TO DO! If you think about it, there wouldn't be much research about such acts. Where would it come from? Get yourself a drug book, they are handy to have around, and a new girlfriend.

kimmiejs

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:37 pm
I agree with Sharpknife. Ecstasy is a medication that no one should take ever. Ectasy is an illegal drug that acts as both a stimulant and psychedelic, producing an energizing effect, as well as distortions in time and perception and enhanced enjoyment from tactile experiences.
Almost 60 percent of people who use Ecstasy report withdrawal symptoms, including fatigue, loss of appetite, depressed feelings, and trouble concentrating.

Chronic users of Ectasy perform more poorly than nonusers on certain types of cognitive or memory tasks. Some of these effects may be due to the use of other drugs in combination with Ectasy, among other factors.

In high doses, Ectasy can interfere with the bodys ability to regulate temperature. On rare but unpredictable occasions, this can lead to a sharp increase in body temperature (hyperthermia), resulting in liver, kidney, and cardiovascular system failure, and death.

Because Ectasy can interfere with its own metabolism (breakdown within the body), potentially harmful levels can be reached by repeated drug use within short intervals.

Users of Ectasy face many of the same risks as users of other stimulants such as cocaine and amphetamines. These include increases in heart rate and blood pressure, a special risk for people with circulatory problems or heart disease, and other symptoms such as muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, faintness, and chills or sweating.

These can include confusion, depression, sleep problems, drug craving, and severe anxiety. These problems can occur during and sometimes days or weeks after taking Ectasy.

Other drugs chemically similar to Ectasy, such as MDA (methylenedioxyamphetamine, the parent drug of MDMA) and PMA (paramethoxyamphetamine, associated with fatalities in the U.S. and Australia) are sometimes sold as ecstasy. These drugs can be neurotoxic or create additional health risks to the user. Also, ecstasy tablets may contain other substances in addition to Ectasy, such as ephedrine (a stimulant); dextromethorphan (DXM, a cough suppressant that has PCP-like effects at high doses); ketamine (an anesthetic used mostly by veterinarians that also has PCP-like effects); caffeine; cocaine; and methamphetamine. While the combination of Ectasy with one or more of these drugs may be inherently dangerous, users might also combine them with substances such as marijuana and alcohol, putting themselves at further physical risk.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » PLEASE REPLY. IN GREAT NEED OF HELP- READ IT PLEASE
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 08:43:12