NCLEX!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » NCLEX!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
NCLEX!
HI all i'm a student nurse graduating in may and was wondering if anyone has any tips or knows good resources to study for the dreaded NCLEX!

lv2rscu

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 01:59 am
NCLEX
I must tell you that I just took the NCLEX last week... I was cut off after 75 q's and went home as did my friend (cut off after 76) wondering about just how we did. Both of us were honor students at two different schools. We both passed but went through the curious next two working days to find out if we were successful. I have a wonderful wife that I could distract myself with when waiting for the response. I recommend that when you take the test you prepare for a couple of anxiety filled days ahead of time to cushion the waiting time.

Now for my answer to your question... Number 1 know your acuity levels. What person would you see first or call back first. Two know your lab values, it won't answer the question for you but will point you in the right direction. 3 I had a lot of Pharm on my test and a lot of other people did not but have the basics down just in case. 4 I took KAPLAN
5Be good to yourself the night before. 6 remember that pain is a psychosocial answer and very often is not as important as a physical need at least for NCLEX testing purposes.LASTLY really go out of your way to answer at least 3000 test questions. I used about 1800 from Kaplan, an Nclex review course through Grand View College provided me with about 700, and that friend of mine had another 2000. I preferred to get feedback right away on each question as it helped me to focus on where I needed improvement. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to email me at [email protected] Chris

lpnlimbo

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 07:07 pm
test time!
Smile First of all let me say congrats on making it this far in nursing school, next, I don't know if you are going for your RN or LPN. I'm a LPN but the course I took was Dr. Martin's review exam for the NCLEX for RNs. I figured if I could pass this I was home free for the LPN board, and I was right. I know that she has offered these classes alot in the Chicagoland area but travels the country. She's tough and yes you do have to study your butt off for about 2 weeks with her and it's like going to nursing school for 2 week full time. Monday through Friday from 8-4:30pm. I graduated in 2003 and what I noticed on the board were alot of ped questions and calculations for meds. I would say know your conversions well. I had a lot of physchology on mine which I didn't mind so much. I think the hardest part was knowing my meds and usual dosages. Know how to read orders well and sceniors about who comes first in any given situation. Good Luck! Hope this helps!

mel 1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:00 am
hi there..............
am a BSN graduate.... i need your help..... I wanna tke the NCLEX exam without taking the local board... can you give me some advices on how am goin to do it????? thanx!!!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » NCLEX!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:14:22