wanttobe nurse needs some help

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » wanttobe nurse needs some help

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:44 am
wanttobe nurse needs some help
i am a nuring student and have a research paper due.
my topic is: Being a nurse can pose a danger to the health of you family.

I am having a hard time find info on this topic. I was wondering if anyone could offer a website that might help or a book. I am really looking for numbers or statistics supporting my subject.
Any suggestions would be a great help!
Thanks
Stacy Laughing

lpnlimbo

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:11 am
If I were you I would go to google.com and type in statistics on that topic as well as just surfing the Internet. You can check out your library by just asking the librarian and when you put your paper together just make sure you edit it yourself for proper English because the instructors are big on that one. Good Luck.

jhals

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:34 pm
did you choose that topic? That is a hard subject to research. There has been a very small number of nurses that have caught aids from hospital patients-needle stick, etc. You may find some stastics on the flu being carried home. Nurses don't carry things home with them if they use good isolation techniques and hand washing. You might try researching those subjects. Most bugs we are exposed to in hospitals rarely affect the healthy, its always the sick that are more sussectible. You may also try researching TB to see if any nurses have been exposed, caught the disease and carried it home from patients they did not know were infected. Try researching the number of nurses taking preventative medications after needle sticks. Before mandatory treatment for hepatitis, that was a big one so you will probably find something on nurses who developed hepatitis from patients. Both I and my friend, at different times, at different hospitals contracted Hep B from unknown sources. She had to take prevention to keep her husband from getting it, no using the same eating utensils, no kissing or sex. I live alone so it was not a problem for me. You may find something on the causes of death in nurses. Hope this helps

Hollywho

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 12:34 am
You might check in with Employee Health at the hospital you do clinicals at. I had a similar project where I needed numbers for needlesticks among nursing staff. Also ask around people always like to talk about any new infections they have and where they might of picked it up at. I'm just graduated with a girl in class that her and her son both had MRSA in a wound in their leg. We can only imagine that she brought it home from the hospital. My shoes never come in the house and my scrubs are taken off at the door and thrown in their own special basket.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » wanttobe nurse needs some help
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:42:14