2. » Off Topic
  3. » Funny ER stories

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Honey 1

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:11 pm
Funny ER stories
This one brightened my friday..

What A Relief!

This is a tale about one of my most humiliating, but hilarious ER experiences. I ended up in the ER after suffering with constipation for hours at home. Nothing worked. In the ER the doctor performed a rectal exam. Boy! it was painful. I ended up kicking and screaming and crying too. The nurse infused some liquid in my rectum and sent me to the restroom.

I entered the restroom in pain. The toilet had been used and not flushed, so I flushed it, cleaned it and proceeded to get rid of my misery. I sat on the toilet for a few minutes and then a movement, nah! Nothing. I eventually, with tears in my eyes forced it all out. Stool the size of passion fruits pelted out. I was so overjoyed. The pressure and pain lifted. I said, what a relief!

When it was time to flush, the toilet malfunctioned. I tried everything, but nothing worked. I exited the restroom and called out to hospital personnel. I was so embarrassed, I asked for a plunger or if someone would call maintenance. The woman I approached laughed and asked me in the vernacular, "yuh mash up deh toilet?" I replied, "I think so." "Don't worry they'll take care of it."

The doctor returned a little while after I got back to the examination room and said laughing, "I am going to make sure they charge you for damaging our toilet". I laughed, told him I would pay the cost because the toilet did work before I used it.
I asked him how he knew. He said the maintenance personnel couldn't stop talking about it. He said I was too young to be in that condition and that he didn't want to see me back in the ER with that problem again.

Contributed by C. Springer, St. Croix, USVI

malenurse

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 01:24 pm
that's great, I love it when I find these posts they are a great way to find some laughter in the middle of the day.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Funny ER stories
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 09:04:34