What would you do if you won the lottery?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » What would you do if you won the lottery?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 12:35 pm
What would you do if you won the lottery?
If you won the lottery would you quite working? I like to think that I would move to a remote island and play in the sun all day. But if actually given that opportunity I think I would find myself missing making a difference in lives.

jacklyn74rn

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 01:31 pm
I truly believe that if I did win the lottery, I'd take some time off from nursing to play and spend time with family, but I'd really like to take some of my good fortune and help others maybe with a medical mission trip. Don't get me wrong, I'd have to have some play time, but I really think I would miss nursing if I wasn't doing it. Smile

Lori56 LPN

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 06:06 pm
If I won a million dollars
I would have to continue doing something to change peoples lives for the better... Smile

nursegarcia

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 07:23 pm
I would pay off bills, then build our dream house. I would also buy a small cottage home in Barroterran, Mexico where my husband is originally from. Life is so much simpler there.
I would invest wisely, and make sure my kids would not have to worry about how to pay for college.
I would also give a good size contribution to the inpatient rehab unit at Children's Hospital in Atlanta. It is a great unit!!

ickyvickie

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 09:58 am
what would you do if you won the lottery?
Laughing I would definitely move to the beach, but also have to work a couple shifts a month. Once a nurse, always a nurse...

abby 1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:25 am
I Agree with ickyvickie
: once a nurse always a nurse!!!!

I would take like a month off ,probably work 2 shifts a week & spend more time with family & friends .... coz when it comes to family time ,no fortune is worth it :wink:

Honey 1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:04 pm
I would definently take a month in Europe. I've never been outside the U.S. I would make some investments so that I didn't have to worry about money but I would never give up working. Maybe just cut back to a couple days a week.

rascal

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 10:35 pm
my dream vacation is to go see jamaca. build a log house kit, have it set in the country. with horses, chickens, a garden,
and pay to finish my school so i could become a nurse.
im testing this week for assistant to the nurse so i am getting there!!
but one thing i would have to do, donate some to research for childrens cancer. kids shouldnt have to endure such a disease.
and go thru the process to find a child or two that needed a room of thier own to call home.
dreams are great. keep dreaming and keep reaching........
rascal

lpnlimbo

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 07:13 pm
Very Happy Well, if I won the lotto and never had to worry about money again I would take a long vacation and I mean long! I would travel the country and see and do everything I've always wanted to do and then when I was bored I would open my own nursing agency. I would probably build a childrens ward somewhere needed and a few others and visit and make sure that good was being done there. I would also be involved in donating funds where needed. I would love to sit here and say that it would all be for kids, and kids are great, but it's also important to help the adults here too. I would like to see AIDES, Cancer and ALS knocked out once and for all! Keep dreaming!

jhals

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:18 pm
lottery winner
If I won the lottery, I would first invest the majority of the money so I could make more money. Then I would take a long vacation to Europe. I would also put out the word that I am interested in funding medical research projects. My special interest is cardiology. I would spend my time looking for worthwhile research projects to fund and spend my time watching my stock accounts to make sure they made more money so I could fund more research.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » What would you do if you won the lottery?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:48:09