Job Market--Post Reply!!!!!!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Job Market--Post Reply!!!!!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:55 am
Job Market--Post Reply!!!!!!
I havn't gotten any feedback from my post titled "Job market", how is the job market for RNs in other states? here in minnesota it's lousy, and i'm thinking about relocating.

jules23

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 09:44 am
job market
Hah! I think your title got changed by the forum monitor!

Anyways, right now the job market is still hurting. I currently work for a travel agency and there has been a lot more jobs opening up this month than the past 9 months which i guess is a positive sign. I've been able to get jobs in Las Vegas and areas of Texas and then some parts of Northern California. Might want to test out the area on local contract before you permanently move. Best of luck!

shirleyday

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 11:46 am
job market
I think there is going to be a slight turn around come this fall. Already these are our slow months and I feel like there's been more openings come up. I live in the Orange County area in California. While there seems to be little travel nursing positions, my friends have secured perm positons at some local facilities. I do think that you should relocate soon. With all the drastic cutbacks that were made earlier this year they are going to start needing more nurses to provide better patient care. Best of luck!

healthtraveler28

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:27 pm
thought we pick this topic up again
I'm on assignment in Alaska...thats right..somehow I got placed here so that I could make some good money and trying to hunt a good assignment back in the city. Anybody seeing things pick up in any metropolitan areas?

2542Daniel7

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 08:25 am
Mayo in Rochester, Mn
Mayo in Rochester, Mn. seems to be hiring now. I've noticed lots more postings on their Web site, plus I've heard of a new BSN grad getting hired by them this spring. I'm not eligible to apply at Mayo as the college where I got my AD in nursing isn't properly accredited. However Mayo has an excellent reputation and it starting pay seems to be higher than average.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Job Market--Post Reply!!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:12:06