advice please

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » advice please

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 01:58 pm
advice please
i'm not sure whats available to new nurses in a non-traditional nurse role...I've been out of school for one year and have my license. I wold perfer to have a desk job if possible rather than the traditional bedside type nurse. I would be willing to go to grad school but not sure what requires you to have had worked as a nurse prior. If anyone has some ideas of what I could do I'd appreciate it.

Drussell52

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:59 am
Re: advice please
sami3897 wrote:
i'm not sure whats available to new nurses in a non-traditional nurse role...I've been out of school for one year and have my license. I wold perfer to have a desk job if possible rather than the traditional bedside type nurse. I would be willing to go to grad school but not sure what requires you to have had worked as a nurse prior. If anyone has some ideas of what I could do I'd appreciate it.
RE Sami3, you might try a nursing home facility and see if they have any type of advisory positions available, although those may go to RNs who have done their time as it were and now moved up the pro ladder as it were. Or, how about working in medical records, just ideas and wish you well! David3 - idea

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » advice please
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:00:47