Austin,Texas-Awesome Place to Work and Live.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Austin,Texas-Awesome Place to Work and Live.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TxnED

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 07:09 pm
Austin,Texas-Awesome Place to Work and Live.
I've been here in Austin,Texas for 3 years now working as ER/Staff, and this place is really remarkable. No wonder it's rated as the "Best Place to work and Live." People from different walks of life are keep coming. In fact there will be four (4)new area hospitals soon to open. Any Austinites here?Back me up. GO LONGHORNS!! Very Happy

soon2beRN

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:02 pm
I've thought about relocating to warmer climate but wanted to get my first year in as a RN first......I work as a pediatric RN and was contemplating Houston Childrens (its higher ranked than my current hospital)...but would consider Austin if they have a decent children's hospital....Austin has a similar cost of living to where I am now......got any suggestions for me, TxnED ??

TxnED

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:34 pm
Austin Childrens Hospital here in Austin is one of the high ranking Hospital for Peds... Michael Dell (Dell Computer,CEO) donated some of his pocket change to build Children Hospital on his name and due to open sometime this year.

smithp556

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 10:19 am
Weather in Austin/housing cost/pay rate?
Hi,

What's the weather like? What about pay rate for a med/surg RN with 1 year's epxerience?

Cost of housing?

thanks

CDNORRN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:31 am
Weather is great. Cost of housing (for nice apartments) seemed high compared to the wages. With 7 years experience I struggled to squeeze $25 per hour out of them. Decided in the end that I wouldn't relocate for a lateral move.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Austin,Texas-Awesome Place to Work and Live.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 12:09:01