Finding a new job

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Finding a new job

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Finding a new job
I am a registered nurse looking to leave the clinical nursing field. I am now interested in insurance claims, workmen's compensations, etc. but am finidng it very difficult to even find any of these jobs in my area (central New Jersey). I have searched the internet, newspapers, nursing magazines, newsletters, etc. I also registered at a large employment agency and was told by the RN recruiter that most of these firms usually want some experience. I want to get my foot in the door somewhere to gain some experience. What do you suggest.

cultura

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:34 pm
Blueeyed, I understand what you mean, about trying to get your feet in the door. In my state, I've seen ads for nurses to do workman's comps physical exams and insurance physicals. I'm not sure what the pay is, but they do require a lot of driving, and paperwork, deadlines. Sounds interesting though and might give you some experience in that area. Good luck in your search!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Finding a new job
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 07:07:19