or nursing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » or nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:15 pm
or nursing
thinking of making a career change and am looking to do or nursing -any advice of changing reins especially to the or. come from an icu setting-that is all i've done and want to try a different area of nursing Help any advice

RNSHAMBLS

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:52 am
OR Nursing
OR nursing is great--1 patient at a time! It's very stressful, but the pro's outweigh the cons. Normally a better schedule than the rest of the hospital because the OR isn't fully staffed 24/7. Each procedure has a team (RN's, scrubs, anesthesia, assistants) so you're never totally on your own. It does take several months to a year to become proficiant because it's so different from every other type of nursing. Laughing

acuteboy101

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 02:08 am
or or peds
hi,
im graduating as a new nurse. not sure if i should do ped or or...can you shed some light to where to go.. im very well rounded....

hldmyhand2

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 09:50 pm
Shocked I was an or nurse rnfa for 17 years. I learned alot saw alot and hurt alot. Didn't get to sit allot. Never got breaks. Hospital was level one trauma center 24/7 on call all the time. Took over my life and ruined my back. Can't say that I miss it. I don't think I ever liked it but, I think for the most part it was management I didn't like. "They would sit and do crossword puzzles at the charge board take long lunches etc. while you were back in the room for 4 hours and no break in site. Which means no (potty, drink eat).

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » or nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 10:09:27