activating new license

  1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » activating new license

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:00 am
activating new license

I am a male nurse. Last Sept.2004 I took and passed the CA NCLEX while on a visit visa. The board sent me a notice that in orde to activate my license i must send them a US Social security number or TIN. The problem is dont have the SS number nor TIN that they require. I wanted to apply for a job as a nurse by way of a working visa. Can you advise me on other ways to process and activate my US license?
Thanks a lot

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 07:15 pm
working visa
I think you need to start with the nursing board in the state you want to work in.......good luck!
Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 08:31 pm

My understanding is that for a work visa to be issued, you need to have an employer apply for a petition for you.
According to the USCIS:
"Employers who wish to hire foreign workers to temporarily perform services or labor or to receive training may file an I-129 petition."
So this falls under temporary or non-immigrant status.
There are different kinds of work visas but your prospective employer should know which one would apply to your situation. You might consider working with a recruitment agency that would expedite the process for you.

There are some pitfalls when choosing an international recruitment agency, so make sure you talk to other nurses who can vouch for the credibility of the specific agency you are working with.

  1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » activating new license
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/24/2024 at 02:44:06