Utilization Review

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Utilization Review

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:58 pm
Utilization Review
Hi RN Recruiter,

I am a relatively new nurse with 2.9 years of med/surg nursing experience, currently living in GA. I have a BA in Economics and an ADN in Nursing. My first career for approx. 12 years was in health and life insurance as a claims analyst then as an underwriter. I have been trying to find my niche in the nursing world and know that floor nursing is not it. I am having the hardest time getting insurance companies or healthcare organizations to give me a chance in utilization review because I don't have 3 years of acute care experience yet. Even with all of my insurance experience. Any suggestions on what I could do to make myself more marketable. Also, I am currently working as a field nurse for a home health co. and I have decided that that is not what I want to do. I know this after working only 5 weeks in home health care. Help! Also, would be worth the effort to go through an employment agency that does permanent placement?

bethann 1

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 01:05 am
floor nursing
the 3 years will go quickly...get on with it. your experiences will benefit you greatly

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » Utilization Review
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 04:35:13