When do I tell my manager I'm leaving?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » When do I tell my manager I'm leaving?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Kayla 1

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:33 am
When do I tell my manager I'm leaving?
I am currently looking for a new job, because I am not happy were I am. I don't want to lose my current job until I find a new one, so I am not sure when it's best to let them know. At the same time I want to let them know in advance so that they are not shorthanded. I also want to give my current manager as a reference. Should I wait until I get an interview or tell them asap?

malenurse

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 12:53 pm
Honestly you're better off been up front and telling them right away. But if you choose not to have the company you interview with let you know before they contact your references so you can inform them first.

Darla 1

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 04:21 am
Most facilities require 2 weeks notice(3 weeks if management). When filling out your application designate you don't want your current employer used as a reference and state why(many potential employers understand why). Your current employer doesn't need to know you're seeking empoyment elsewhere unless you accepted a position elsewhere.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » When do I tell my manager I'm leaving?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:55:06