help in finding my niche

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » help in finding my niche

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 05:31 pm
help in finding my niche
Very Happy
Hello all.. my name is Luanna. Very Happy I have been a nurse for 20 years. I was sidelined by a work injury that has left me 45% disabled. Sad I cannot (per my workers comp doctor as well as personal experience) any longer lift more than twenty pounds. Crying or Very sad
I have experience in maternal child health home health care of medically fragile children, I worked 8 years in NICU.
I am currently working in a county jail and feeling like I am not fitting in. Arrow According to one or two officers, I am too compassionate to the inmates. Shocked Rolling Eyes I tend to see them as human beings in need of correction, instead of slime or garbage Twisted Evil .. and those are nicer words than are used by officers to describe them. :wink:
Psychaitric nursing in my area has only part time non eligible for benefits positions open.
I am told even hospice requires lifting, yes even for RNs. Surprised
I am creative, artistic, and compassionate, skilled and caring, intelligent and computer literate. Smile I have much more to offer and need to find my niche wherein it is not required that I lift more than twenty pounds or physically file for long periods of time. 8)
It feels as though I am running into walls every time I turn around, though I know there IS a perfect job out there for me somewhere making as much as I do as an RN.
As an aside, I am also into the metaphysical and philosophical and became a Reverend to be able to perfom marriage ceremonies. Smile

Any suggestions people might have for me for a full time benefits eligible job is welcome. THANK YOU in advance for any idea Idea you may have to share! I look forward to hearing from you. You may also reach me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Very Happy Light and love to nurses everywhere... for all we do in helping to show love to people through every avenue available to us to do so. For being willing to face long hours, with pay not commiserate with the amount of responsibility we assume. In doing things the average person would easily and reflexively shrink from, Nurses say, "BRING IT ON"!... and do the near impossible for the often ungrateful. we are special people and would do well to support and love each other in our pursuit of perfection.
Light and love to us all... please help me continue to shine as a nurse despite my disability. I am of use still! I just need to find my niche!
Thanks! Light and love, Luanna Smile

mlhf7

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:30 am
How about working in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Assisted Living field.. usually you have staff to do most of the lifting... you would have to be able to do CPR on rare occasions. It is rewarding to work with both patients and their family members.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Permanent Nursing
  3. » help in finding my niche
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:34:47