New grad

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » New grad

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:19 am
New grad
I'm a new RN grad and am wondering if any staffing agencies hire new grads for either travel nurse or per diem jobs.I have been a LPN for over 10 years( mostly in long term care, but also 2 years in Urgent Care). I presently live in Minnesota and it seems like all the hospitals have gotten picky about who they hire now due to the economy. Any thoughts?

pedscare

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 02:23 pm
New Grad
It varies from state to state and company to company. I know when I did travel staffing we did not take new grads. We also had very few LPN travel positions.

Per Diem may work depending on what enviroment you want to work in. Hospitals may be more strict that home care or nursing homes.

In home care we use many LPNs for our per diem staffing.

TeleNurseboy

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 07:47 pm
yes you can travel as a new rn. cant be real picky on first few assignments. i was an RN for almost 2 months before i started traveling. i was a LPN for 3 years prior. once you get two assignments down then you can go anywhere you want. if your urgent care experience isnt real recent there may be problems finding a hospital to travel to. just call and ask and see what type of benefits you get and pay you get. dont be afraid to shop around and call several companies. dont waste time filling out paper work for them this is a distraction so that you will feel like staying with them because the application is like 40 pages long. tell them that if they cant tell you what the pay is going to be tell them that you dont have the time to work for them.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » New grad
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:07:13