Home Health Per Visit vs Salaried

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » Home Health Per Visit vs Salaried

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Tarheal

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:14 pm
Home Health Per Visit vs Salaried
I am curious in the difference between per visit pay and salaried for home health nurses. Does anyone know what the going rate is for salaries and per visit pay in the Southeast (RTP area, NC). I am interviewing next week with an agency and want some sort of idea what to expect and would like to be knowledgeable on my options prior to interviewing.

florencenitengale

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:42 pm
pay for homehealth visits
I live on the east coast in New England. I have worked for several agencies both salaried and per diem. The going rate for per diem visits is around $30 with a couple of bucks extra on the weeknd. If you work for a pool and are contracted out it can be as much as $40 a visit and $45 wknds. Salary was around $25 hourly for an experienced nurse. Hope this helps.

pedscare

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 02:32 pm
home health
It depends on the type of patients the company is staffing. Most salaried positions are for private duty, where you are with the patient for an entire 8 or 12 hour shift.

When you do visits you are typically there to do a treatment of some type and that is why you are paid per visit. The rates vary depending on the states reimbursment rates for insurance and Medicaid/Medicare.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » Home Health Per Visit vs Salaried
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:07:22