Free housing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » Free housing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

aaureo

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:21 am
Free housing
does anybody out there knows a state or a hospital that gives free housing or housing allowance to nurses? thanks. Smile

yoyo 1

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 07:20 pm
you can apply to california - Glendale adventist hospital . It is a good hospital to work I have a friend moved and worked there . But I dont want to move to cali because cost of living is very high . Good luck . Let me know.

aaureo

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:09 am
Where is that hospital located? Im just about to sched my NCLEX for California, Could you further deescribe how high the cost of living? then what State would over high compensation but low or fair cost of living? thanks alot. p.s. where do u work now?

yoyo 1

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:02 pm
Iam still in Canada, but plan to move to the state the next few months. I may go to Texas , Florida or .. At first I want to move to Cali, but then I change my mine. In Cali is a high cost of living , but they pay you more.The Glendale adventist hospital is located on the North-East of Los . When you pass the Nclex this hospital will arrange with you for the interview on site visit which mean they will cover the 4 days tour in the hospital and around Glendale city ( 4 days with hotel the hospital will cover the expense) . Then , you let them know that you will take that position or not . The hospital owe the apartment just for their employee. they will pay $500 every month for 1 year . My friend told me that she has a 2 big bedrooms. Total $700, but she pay only $200. They also have a lawyer to do a green card cost $2500 they will pay for you . You may have a green card within a year. The only thing keep me away from Cali because I don"t think I can affort to buy a house . It is very expensive- $ 3 to 400k you may have a small 2 to 3 bedrooms .Good luck to you.

surfgirl

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:18 am

Randalla3

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 07:26 pm
Free housing question
Housing in Los Angeles is 742.00 a week. However, it isn't free, it is tax free. There is a difference, however, with the amount of saving that is, it is rather substantial. If you work three 12 hour shifts the reality is that you will make around 39 an hour (specialty) for Per Diem and around 43 for travel. Nurses or (registries online) that tell you, you will get 600.00 per diem, are either blue skying you, or are going to 1099 you, which is being phased out by the IRS (seperate issue) If you make 39 an hour, you are making, before taxes, 546.00. If you look at the taxes on that, it is going to be somewhere in the 400.00 to 500.00 dollar range. However, if you stipend the housing, you take 742.00 out of the equation up front, reduce your hourly by 17.66 and only pay taxes on 21.00 an hour. It is a huge saving.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » Free housing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:43:07