snowbird nursing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » snowbird nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:15 pm
snowbird nursing
I am getting close to retirement age and would like to become a snowbird! But in the meantime I think it would be neat to visit snowbird country and work a little per deim. Are there opportunities for older nurses in this area? I am currently working a level 3 er job so don't think I am infirm or senile. I would like a fast track or clinic type setting.

oldernurse

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 07:08 pm
Well I am open to that. Texas would be closer to my home but I wouldn't rule out other warm areas.

jhals

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:35 pm
snowbird nursing
Hi. I live in south Florida. If you are looking for snowbird work, So Florida is very busy during the winter months. West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, St. Pete, Clearwater. You can work 7 days a week if you want. The work is hard and the breaks few. San Diego pays double time on weekends during the winter months which is about $72/h. I hear that Arizona is another very busy snowbird area, but I have never worked there.

DDaley1122

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 04:42 am
Snowbird in Texas
oldernurse wrote:
Well I am open to that. Texas would be closer to my home but I wouldn't rule out other warm areas.

I work as a traveler in brownsville, Texas for 8 monthes. The winter was nice, the summer hot and humid. The people were awsome. I have worked the past 2 winters in Arizona, I found the increase of snowbird population overwelming and dangerous. Not nearly as bad in South texas

traveldog

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 04:54 pm
Snowbird Nursing
Right now I am also a traveler...and despite the lack of many jobs out available right now I am lucky that there are still tourist seasons in places like Florida. I work on the ER floor at a hospital in Fort Myers and I must say if you want to get out of the cold....travel nursing can still be a great way to make some extra cash and not freeze!

Good luck to all the snowbirds!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » snowbird nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:04:30