is any one high tech infusion therapy nurse?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » is any one high tech infusion therapy nurse?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

valbona

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
is any one high tech infusion therapy nurse?
if anyone is can you give me more information? i need to know how can you get a certification and where you can work. i am told that these nurses insert PICC lines besides using them. any info?

shining armani

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 06:31 pm
What do you mean by high tech infusion? We use PICC lines Hickman lines and Port-a-caths. We infuse chemotherapy through them mainly, but we also do apheresis and stem cell collections. We do not insert them at the bedside. They are done in the vascular lab by Physicians. It would be interesting to know if nurses do them bedside. Although we could be talking about two completely different things!!

growlowbunch

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 08:41 am
Nurses used to insert PICCS at the bedside where I work but that was a few years ago. Now a physician comes and looks at the pt if suitable for bedside he does it and if not they go to special procedures. There used to be good money in nurses inserting PICCS for homecare but I don't think they even do it much anymore.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » is any one high tech infusion therapy nurse?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:36:27